Virginia Tech -- Three Games Can They Do It?

TheAlpha

Maryland....definately

Virginia....most likely

Miami....doable

Virginia Tech winning the ACC in their first year would be a nice early X-mas present. I just want to see the look on the UVa fans.

I'm not sure how to read Maryland. They were supposed to be a lot better than they've shown this year. It's a night game in Lane and that's always crazy. Tech should be favored (haven't seen the line), so I think they win but it will be another close one.

The Hoos have a lot of talent. Al Groh invented the NFL and can reel them in, but I have yet to see where he's a good coach. He lost to the two good teams they played this year despite both of them arguably having a down year, and UVA having their best team in years. Tech will win in another close one.

Tech has had more success against Miami over the past decade than any team except Florida State. This game is in the Orange Bowl but VT has won there before. The question is can the offense keep up with Miami. We always run the ball well against them but can Randall (who has a history of not getting it done in big games) put points on the board? The defense will do their job, but doing your job against Miami is keeping them below 4 touchdowns. The VT offense hasn't done a good job of scoring enough to cover that. I'm leaving this one as a toss up for now. I'll wait and see how they do in the other two games, and if Vinny Fuller is back by then.

Miami isn't what they used to be, outside of the kick return game and backfield (with Gore being back) they aren't even as good as they were last year. The receivers drop a lot of balls, the OL is eat up with injures, and the defense has been soft against the run all year. The Hokie defense is better than the Miami defense and offensively it's a draw right now. If the Hokies can go into the O.B. and play mistake free football then I believe they win.

I listened this evening to Al Groh on the AM radio station in Richmond. Although I'm sure calls are screened, they let some cat through from Smithfield...he began by saying, "I appreciate the job you've done so far, but the honeymoon ends there."

I was ROFL.

I'm telling you if Tech wins that game this year, it will be so hard for UVa and Groh...I will be glued to the TV. I hope Bud has re-evaluated the defensive game plan after Heath picked holes in them last year. Stop the run, don't worry about giving up a long threat, and smother the TE. Come on Tech...we're pulling for you.

I think VT needs to do what the Canes did to UVA. Load the box up and stop the Virginia's run with Pearman and Lundy, then put Vinnie Fuller or Jimmy Williams on Miller to keep him from killing us again this and take your chances of UVA's receivers hitting the long ball(which it didn't look like they could do it Saturday).

Offensivly, need to pound the ball with Imoh then hit them with the play action pass. Need to keep getting the ball to those talented freshman receivers.

Also its in Blacksburg, tough to win at Lane Stadium!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

2004 SWD CHAMPS!!!

I doubt Adibi will get that assignment...true, he's a great player but he hasn't quite gotten his cover skills to the level that he can cover Miller. He will be utilized more in stopping the run and pressuring the QB...

Adibi has been play great since coming back from that injury from the USC game(played good in that game til he got hurt). You have to keep him up on the line to play the run. Leave a safety or corner to play Miller and the backs out of the backfield.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

2004 SWD CHAMPS!!!

I agree with ya Buscuit, hes something else and i think will be a big play maker in the next 3 games hopefully 4 games, if Randall can take sum chances on the DEEP ball like he did against GT, tech should be fine as long as the running game is established like it always is!

well, maryland no problem, maryland players had slick hands and could'nt hold on to the ball, (probably helping reigen eat chicken) uva can beat tech if hagans is on top of the game, and punter can kick further than 20 yards, put anyone you want on miller, he'll get around them (remember last year?) DEC 6 VT FANS BETTER TAKE SOME HURRICANE STRAPS, IVAN WAS'NT NOTHING, THIS HURRICANE WILL BLOW THE FEATHERS OFF YOUR TURKEY, GORE WILL GORE THE DEFENSE AND HE'S GOING TO BE EATING TURKEY ALL WEEK, TURKEY SEASON IS IN AND MIAMI HAS THERE HUNTING LICENSE.