Overall Running Game

JuiceDawg

Are you talking SWD or the entire area? In the SWD it's Richlands. The best back is debatable but the Tornado o-line + a great tailback, solid fullback and a QB who can run give Richlands the best running game.

I think it would be bluefield

They have a speedy line that can make there blocks and go set other blocks for there running backs on screens and such....they also have alot of good running backs at that , perdue , the steptoe's , sometimes davis and repass

personally, I'd take Grundy...Marcum-Marcum-Looney make up the best combo in the area ...stats don't lie...put the numbers those 3 have this year up against anyone you like in this area.

As for best Offensive line...I'd have to agree Richlands has the best in this area...I'd love to see what kind of numbers Marcum or Looney could put up behind those guys.

In WV, I'd agree with Bluefield.

I would have to go with Richlands as well. I agree with BigD, the best back in the district is a toss up. But with the big RHS line paveing the way, its tough to stop. One advantage that Richlands has over Grundy is that Richlands has the threat of the option game with Wells running the ball with Whaley and Ringstaff.

In WV no doubt its Bluefield with their large collection of excellent backs.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

2004 SWD CHAMPS!!!

[ QUOTE ]

personally, I'd take Grundy...Marcum-Marcum-Looney make up the best combo in the area ...stats don't lie...put the numbers those 3 have this year up against anyone you like in this area.

As for best Offensive line...I'd have to agree Richlands has the best in this area...I'd love to see what kind of numbers Marcum or Looney could put up behind those guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats don't lie, but they are deceiving as heck. Grundy's backs padded their stats against less than competitive teams early in the season. If Grundy can really lay claim to being one of the best area teams, they should play the best teams in the area. Drop the KY teams and play teams like GC, PV, and Lebanon. The only real competitive opponents Grundy played this year was the SWD teams. And all this talk about Grundy's (or anybody else in the SWD) athletes being better than the Blues is laughable. Remember Wave, 39-14, sound familiar? It should! That's what the scoreboard read after the Blues thrashed the Wave!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude 70% of our games are against common opponents so don't go on the schedule thing again...2 of those teams went on to the playoffs in ky and the other finished up no worse than marion did...so get over it...and Garon only had like 6 carries against one of them for less than 100 yards so shut up...plus Grundy didn''t play Lee like you guys did...so what now? talk about a stat pad.

as for that game...you guys won, grundy handed it to you on a silver platter...turnovers and all that inside our own 20...you should have won by 20 more points. If the two played again today, it would be a different game...Richlands might win again because you guys have the depth to play 30 kids in a game...Grundy doesn't and with your size you can wear people down...Grundy can't.

Don't even go kidding yourself your kids are any better than Grundy's...they are not...you just have more of them to choose from....the Grundy kids and the Richlands kids are on the same level of competition...just the way it is...don't try to think you are better because you beat us in the worst game they played in 5 years....you are not.

All i said was that I personally would take the 3 Grundy backs any day over any other team...but I'd love to have Richlands line to run them behind.

as far as scheduling goes...i am pretty certain Grundy is more than willing to play Bluefield, GC, and PV...for some strange reason they wont play us...Grundy beat PV a couple of years ago back to back by more than a TD each game and PV dropped them like a rock...Tell GC to bring it...and Bluefield will only schedule us if we give them two home games...go figure...they can travel all the way to LEE but can't make the trip to Grundy wonder why that is.

so shut up about the schedule.

Grundy has about 6 games open for next year since everyone is dropping them...if any of these big teams want to schedule Grundy get in touch with them... rumor i heard is that Grundy is currently looking at scheduling AAAA Ky teams to fill in some of the schedule gaps.

Generally speaking I don't think athletes in a given area are any better or worse from one school to the next. Thing's like coaching, experience, depth and luck make the difference in one team being better than another.

Richlands has almost the same team they had last year but the difference is they are bigger, stronger and more experienced. Don't get me wrong, Richlands has talent, but man for man they don't have any more, or less raw talent than anyone else. We're all from the same area. It's not like there's something in the water in Richlands to make them more talented.

In picking an overall running game in SWVA you have to think of the o-line in front of those backs opening the holes. You guys in the SWD are good but your forgetting the little A Boys! With that in mind here's how I have em ranked:

1.Richlands (Line may be best in SWVA)

2.Gate City (Line may be 2nd best in SWVA plus the Humfreys

Brothers are a load at FB and TB)

3.Grundy (Another solid o-line with another set of tough

brothers)

4.Lebanon (Big o-line good FB,TB, and Running QB)

5.George Wythe (Quick o-line and fastest backs in SWVA)

6.Tazewell (Good blocking just seem to make too many

mistakes)

7.Carroll Co. (desent line with tough hard nosed back

8.Honaker (another big o-line that knows how to block)

9.Powell Valley (Very quick o-line usually single good

single RB and Robbins at QB)

10.J.I.Burton (might be one of the quickest and fastest

backfields no one knows about)