A very ugly scene in Detroit tonight...

Bluefield_Rules

I don't know if anyone saw it or not, but a major brawl took place late in the game between the Pistons and Pacers tonight. It started with a hard foul by Ron Artest on Ben Wallace and the players kind of got into it. Things seemed to be settling down when a fan approached Artest while he lying on the scorers table and dumped a cup of beer on him. Artest shot up off the table, into the stands, and began pounding the fans. After that, all hell broke loose as Pacers players and Piston fans exchanged blows.

They should suspend at least 2 of those guys for the rest of the year without pay for that crap...yeah the guy dumped beer on you, control yourself a little bit and have the security guard remove him.

Players have no business in the stands at all. period.

If a fan comes on the court and attacks you, then it's self defense...a fan dumping beer on you doesn't constitue self defense...there were little kids in the area...the players involved should be done for the year...the NBA is nothing but a bunch of billion dollar babies now...last people with any class were Jordan, Bird, Thomas, Magic, and that bunch...most of the people playing now are low class punks who have more money than brains.

When I got back from Richlands early this morning, ESPN was showing a replay of the game and after just watching it again on the TV I still can't believe it. The NBA needs to send a message to these players that this stuff will not be tolerated. Also fans who also stepped over the line should be prosecuted and banned from any further games. The image of those 2 little boys(one looked about 5 or 6 and the other around 12) holding one another and crying after being caught in the middle of all of this crap should be enough for the NBA to come down hard on the offending players!!

another good reason not to serve beer at sporting events, god knows how many beers the fans drink before they get there, beer is not the only reason for the fight but it did'nt help any. i hope they review the films and stick it to the fans as well as some of the mult- overpaid millionaire players, and take the fines and donate the money to some good charity for children,

I was giggling at first when Artest (?) made the hard foul and Wallace came at him -- almost like, here we go again! Then, my mood quickly turned to shock and awe.

A complete ditto on the children -- if that isn't enough reason for the NBA to do something...

Also a ditto on the fans, too. Especially the one who through the first "beer." What has to transpire in someone's mind to think... "Hey, I'll throw this CHAIR into a crowd of people (most of whom are bystanders)?

Ugly is right. What has gotten into these athletes to make them think they can charge the stands?

I completely agree about not selling beer, or at least put a limit on the number each fan can buy.

These players need to be punished with more than just a fine. They have enough disposible income...a fine won't bother them much.

i dont think they should sell beer anywhere at public events...if you want to get drunk stay home...if you want something to drink get a Coke or water and enjoy whatever you are watching. I go to a lot of concerts and stuff like that...always some drunk idiot that can't walk causing problems and stumbling around showing his ass getting thrown out by security. Shows in bars obviously don't fall in to this sort of cataglory, bars bring bands in to sell a lot of beer and such and well "it's a bar" so...you expect that sort of thing going in.

Athletic events...do you really need it? Can't you go watch a game for a couple of hours and relax without having a beer? I can.

I agree they shouldnt sell beer at sports games! And Artest needs to learn how to control his temper!

The fan in the Pistons Jersey that came onto the court and tried to swing on O'Neal and another Pacers player deserved to get layed out though

This was a terrible incident that was certainly amplified by alcohol. It seems most people go to some events just to drink and are not interested in the actual events on the field. I agree that alcohol should be banned at these events. However, what can you do before the game? A good example would be a VT home game. I haven't even attempted to go to a game this year because of the rotten time at last year's Miami game which was a great victory!

As for the players involved- I agree they should be suspended for the remainder of the year. The only way they will know they're being punished is to take their paychecks. Unfortunately this is what happens when you make millionaires out of street thugs who are lucky enough to make a living out of playing basketball.

i think they should suspend Ben Wallace for a week or so just for starting it and Ron Artest for going up in the stands and hitting the people in the stands. and Jermaine O'Neil for hitting that fan(that was a good hit.lol) and the other player for the pacers. cant remember his name. and ecspecially the guy who threw the beer. but NBA needs to find some way to make it harder if not impossible for the fans to get to the players. the players should still try to keep their intensity down and go on with it. the worst thing was the fact that the chair was thrown and Jamall Tinsley acting like he was going to swing a bat with the speaker piece. still an ugly game. hey, it wasnt that bad of a foul anyhow. that was the sad thing about it.

I agree they shouldnt sell beer at sports games! And Artest needs to learn how to control his temper!

The fan in the Pistons Jersey that came onto the court and tried to swing on O'Neal and another Pacers player deserved to get layed out though

I don’t know if anyone has seen yet or not, but Artest, Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O’Neal, and Ben Wallace have been suspended indefinitely. The word is that the length of the suspensions for the three Pacer players will be determined once the police investigate is done. The final word on Wallace could be known as early as tomorrow.

And I totally agree about not selling alcohol at sporting events. However, as someone pointed out the people that wanted to drink will find a way. Just visit the bathrooms at a VT football game, especially in late in the game, and look at all the complimentary size bottles of liquor on the floor.

Drinking beer does not always mean you get drunk

i know lots of people who drink and dont get drunnk....i think what they should do at some sporting events and put a braclet on you and punch out a hole every time you get a alcholice beverage, and only have a certin of number of drinks allowed

[ QUOTE ]

Drinking beer does not always mean you get drunk

i know lots of people who drink and dont get drunnk....i think what they should do at some sporting events and put a braclet on you and punch out a hole every time you get a alcholice beverage, and only have a certin of number of drinks allowed

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, the people that want to continuously drink will find a way to manipulate any system that is put into place...

I have to commend David Stern for the punishment he handed out this evening. Most people thought the remainder of the year was necessary, but I was unsure it would happen. I think the commissioners of the other sports leagues should pay attention.

Unfortunately, I now need a new forward on my fantasy team. Should've known better to draft Artest anyway crazy.gif!

Artest just had his wallet lightened up about $5.5 million...wonder if it was worth it all?

Not to mention the fans he hit will be getting some nice checks soon as well. smile.gif

now, I hope he gets some nice jail time to smile.gif

LoL, yea releases his r & b album soon or already has one, it was on ESPN tonite like it was evry nite. They also talked to analysis and say that its a good chance to see sum of the player AND fans in jail.