Gretna vs. Region IV

FootballFan

Other than just saying "anything can happen," is there anybody out there that honestly believes that a Region IV, D3 team can beat Gretna this year?

I understand that "anything can happen" as proven by the V-High - Grundy game.

Graham and Grundy did themselves a favor by losing in the first round...it will be bad...VERY BAD!!!

The only question is...

WHO IS GOING TO BE THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB???

I'm going out on a limb...Gretna will score 70 against whoever represents Region IV.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham and Grundy did themselves a favor by losing in the first round...it will be bad...VERY BAD!!!

The only question is...

WHO IS GOING TO BE THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB???

I'm going out on a limb...Gretna will score 70 against whoever represents Region IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I will take 50 and Region IV for a can of dip versus Vic Hall and Gretna.

Grundy would have given Gretna a good game...I think Tazewell's defense can get after Gretna and limit the number of points they canscore...just curious if Tazewell can score enough points to hang with them.

Va High is playing good ball on defense but the offense is lacking, depending on what happens with the ref's, friday nights game showed that anything can happen...if gretna scores and they call it back every time, even va high can win a game as sorry as they are.

I'd say Tazewell is the only hope for Region IV, I hope they don't get screwed like Grundy did next week.

Lance, give it a rest. You are talking more trash about us now even after we beat Grundy. The constant, "I will give you no respect" is uncalled for.

Getting on here and saying Grundy would have given Gretna a good game while neither Tazewell or Va High can is absurd. If you could have given them a better game you would have made it TO the game. I'll go ahead and predict you posting after the state semis that Grundy could have done better.

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy would have given Gretna a good game

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if gretna scores and they call it back every time, even va high can win a game as sorry as they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty hard to misinterpret. Laugh it off like you were misunderstood. Then get mad the next time anyone takes a crack at Grundy. Classic.

I'll be the first...Grundy, Tazewell, and Virginia High all played close hard fought regular season games between them. But the way it appears on here, Grundy was head and shoulders above both. In both wins Grundy got big breaks late in the game that bailed them out(fumbles) and resulted in Grundy wins. Instead of giving any credit, all we hear is how awesome Grundy is and how nobody else in the region is in their league. Well, that's a load of crap and it has been all year. The way it goes down in the books for 2004 is that Grundy is(excuse me...was) the THIRD best team in D3 this year. Va High and Tazewell are #1 and #2....yet to be decided which order.

Yeah ...look at the big brain on Bearcat...you are a smart mofo Bearcat.

Saying: Grundy would have given Gretna a good game? I think they would have...has nothing to do with you guys.

Saying: if gretna scores and they call it back every time, even va high can win a game as sorry as they are....is a fact, if Va High plays Gretna and they call back every TD Gretna scores, even you guys can beat them...and yes you guys are pretty sorry...you might blow your own horn and think you are great, but when it's all said and done...there's not much to it...your offense is lacking...compared to Gretna who puts up 60+ points a game, you guys are a sorry team.

[ QUOTE ]

Getting on here and saying Grundy would have given Gretna a good game while neither Tazewell or Va High can is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I didn't say Tazewell or Va High couldn't play Gretna...I said Tazewell matches up with Gretna better than you guys IMHO because their defense is pretty impressive...they hit very hard...and they style offense they have can keep Gretna's offense off the field by running the clock.

sorry if you don't agree with it...it's just my personal take on things. You are entitled to your own opinion, I'm entitled to mine...the two don't have to match. lol

Lance, you need to really give it a rest. Grundy lost. Its over. I will agree that Grundy did get screwed on a play or two but thats the way it goes. Maybe luck will be on Grundy's side next time. Anyway, I think either VHS or Tazwell could give Gretna some trouble for awhile but I just dont either one pulling off that big of an upset. VHS pulled off a pretty big upset vs Grundy but Gretna is a whole different story. Vic Hall is simply amazing and neither VHS or Tazwell will be able to even contain him.

I have watched Gretna, Graham, Tazewell, Grundy, and V-High all play this year and I just don't see anyone comparing to Gretna. The opposing team has to have someone to counter Vic Hall...last year the only player to do so was Bradshaw. I can assure you that there are no Vic Halls or Ahmad Bradshaws in Region IV this year. I have learned not to assume any winner in a high school football game. But Gretna and Vic Hall are about as sure as it gets.

On the other hand, congratulations to Tazewell and V-High for making it to the Region IV final. Now that the heartache is over, I guess I can say it's nice to see someone other than Graham and Grundy in the Region IV final.

Unless an utter miracle happens, either Tazewell or Virginia High will get completely shalacked IN Gretna this year. It's not like last year...Graham had home field. This year Gretna will, and I see something like the 56-14 thrashing Graham gave to Liberty-Bedford in the state semifinals in 2001.

However...

At least we get Vic Hall after this year grin.gif

Hagans needs his predecessor!

[ QUOTE ]

Has #2-Gretna already beaten #1-Christiansburg?

We have already seen that anything can happen. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gretna plays in a mixed district (dogwood), and thier rating reflects that they play a number of single A teams. Don't be fooled that thier seeded second, they are an immensely powerful team both offensively and defensively.