richland's band

118910fan

just wanted to take a moment to say how much i enjoy hearing, and watching the richland's band. i usually only get to see them when richlands plays lebanon, but the band did a great job at the honaker parade monday night. they looked very professional, unlike some of the spectators that i had to stand around who were yelling and acting like drunkened idiots, great job band on keeping your cool and focusing on the job at hand.

Richlands band is one of the best if not the best band in the state of Virginia. Today they were marching in a Thanksgiving parade in Philadelphia. It should be on TV on Monday (not sure on the time or channel). They now are in NYC for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully they have safe travels back home to Richlands.

On a good year, Richlands has one of the top ten bands in Virginia. Richlands is a regular Virginia Honor Band. However, there are some powerhouse bands in northern Virginia (namely Lake Braddock and TJ-HSST). Also, you have E.C. Glass in Danville and Kempsville in Virginia Beach. I would certainly put Richlands in the top ten, but the best is Lake Braddock, by miles.

Your a Graham guy aren't you?

Richlands doesn't have a choreographer, composer ect. on staff so they have someone else do it. Doesn't change the fact that the kids still have to learn and perform it just as they would if it were done in house. They aren't judged by who wrote the show, but by how well they perform it.

first off my friend SPELL CHECK, ok so just a quick background to justify why my wrathful hand may be smited upon your face, I am a drum major for the Richlands High School band, we have ORIGINALITY, WE SCREAM ORIGINALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many bands have brought huge fountains that change colors in a show...2, how many have turned their entire majorette section into Christmas gifts...1, how many high schools have marched 4to5 in their show(thats 4 steps for every 5 yards)...3,all done this year, so my "friend" if you want originality come to the game this Saturday and see all that we do especially look at the new groove to "Dance of the SugarPlum Fairy" It's not for fairies anymore.

sorry to trash you guys earlier... it wasnt my place

now with that out of the way... ive seen your band compete.. and ive competed against it... and beat you guys.. in drumline.. and overall score... im just saying that ive seen your shows... and ive seen the original band that did your shows.. but i know how much work and dedication you put into it... it just blows my mind that people say your the best.. which you are one of the best.. but not THE best... which people have their opinions.. im sure if my football team was good.. our band would be getting credit too.. but we dont.. we get trashed...

and another thing ... i know what an 3 to 5 step is... our band does it thank you!..... and our show is original.. concidering our band director wrote the whole show....which we recieved top honors in every competition.. and got 3rd place band at ths... behind db and science hill... we went undefeated.. can you say that?

we are not the best band in Virginia but we are possibly the best in our class, we proved that last year at JMU the unofficial state championship b/c so many good bands from va go to it, the best band in VA is hands down Bassett they made BOA semifinals this year nice job guys

didnt mean to start world war 3 here... just trying to say that our band is a great program much like yours... and we get smashed saying were horrible.. when last year we got personally picked by mark warner hisself to perform in the washington d.c. parade for july 4th.... thats got to give us some kind of desentcy doesnt it?

In all honesty, Va High wasn't anything specail. And is Richlands's band the best this side of Roanoke? Good chance. But if you go outside of our area you'll see that Richlands is far from best. I would encourage everybody to go to a Bands of America (BOA) competition, but for someone who isn't interested in marching band it would probably be a waste of money. But if you're interested at all, try to go to one, you will see some good bands.

why thank you...i found it quite funny myself...but rhsband06 didnt find it to funny....they sent me a PM saying F*** YOU A**HOLE....i guess he/she likes wearing those neato hats with the feather on it and i offended them smirk.gif