Tazewell Hosts Virginia Tech for Region IV Crown

lowsingle

well its an woodland animal...also its a WWII plane...along with a company that makes electronics...and a 1930's car

what excuses...trust me...if i could snap my fingers to put grundy on the schedule i would...its not that easy though friend....

(and referring to the begining of your post)....

so that means you guys were beat by a female grizzly on its period hmm...i guess that puts a whole new light on the game!)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...just think of it as a bonus gift...kinda like the OT win you got at Grundy.

i'll change you back to normal later..i'm going to sleep so i can get up in time to watch the Bluefield game tomorrow...we can play more later...lol...goodnight and no hard feelings, I'm just goating you along.

grin.gif

Good god, some city boy bashing our mascot.

Let me tell you something pal, there have been a lot more MEN to line up on our side of the ball, proud that they play for the GOLDEN WAVE!!! Hell fire, back in the days when people actually cared about sports at Grundy, our crowd was actually one of the best around. As kids, my class, and all others that came before us, worshiped Grundy football. I don't know if i can say that about the ones who are upcoming this year though. Those GOLD helmets and BLUE uniforms we put on every week, mean more than you will ever know. So your little Ferocious kitties are better eh? Well, you better think heaven's stars that St. Nick came a little bit earlier this year.

Picked up Gate City, eh? Well I guess you kind of have to when your enrollment is twice that of theirs and you drop down to their district. You want to know why teams drop us like flies? Ask them the feeling they have the next morning. Ask them about all the bruises they have. It is no suprise after (The god of coaching,a.k.a. superman, a.k.a I climed Mt. Everest in 1 day in my spare time) Terry Smith comes to VHS, they drop us like flies. I got news for you boys, kiss goodbye to the playoffs next year! Tyrone Mitchell is ALL that you guys have. How many tackles was he in on at The Early Christmas Banquet? I would say 3/4 of them. And also, you are dropping to the LPD. I doubt you will even play within 40 points of Gate City, PV, or even Clintwood for that Matter. Good god, I was in a good mood before I read this BS now, as you can tell, I'm pissed. mad.gif

It sure is great to get on here and see the Grundy faithful so worried about virginia high. You love claiming we got a gift. There are no gifts. Especially not in the playoffs. Your team was over rated. They weren't as good as you all like to think. We proved it. We will be better than them again next year. You are the team who loses everybody. #s 9, 19, 2, 54 to name a few.

Oh, by the way, see you in the playoffs next year if you make it that far. We are not going to the LPD. That has been cleared up on here a thousand times. We will be right back where we were this year.

Grundy out - Gate City in. There is a tradition to these two teams playing. A guy from GC told me GC has played V-high more than any other school in their rich football history. You're really stupid and/or know nothing about swva football if you think we are ducking competition by picking up GC. It will be a better fan draw for our school and a closer trip for our fans. Plus, we will only have to come to your horrible field and beat you in the playoffs grin.gif, sound familiar...yep, Grundy could've dominated the state this year, if they could've got out of the 1st round! Funny.

Take a page from Tazewell and get some class.

[ QUOTE ]

It sure is great to get on here and see the Grundy faithful so worried about virginia high. You love claiming we got a gift. There are no gifts. Especially not in the playoffs. Your team was over rated. They weren't as good as you all like to think. We proved it. We will be better than them again next year. You are the team who loses everybody. #s 9, 19, 2, 54 to name a few.

Oh, by the way, see you in the playoffs next year if you make it that far. We are not going to the LPD. That has been cleared up on here a thousand times. We will be right back where we were this year.

Grundy out - Gate City in. There is a tradition to these two teams playing. A guy from GC told me GC has played V-high more than any other school in their rich football history. You're really stupid and/or know nothing about swva football if you think we are ducking competition by picking up GC. It will be a better fan draw for our school and a closer trip for our fans. Plus, we will only have to come to your horrible field and beat you in the playoffs grin.gif, sound familiar...yep, Grundy could've dominated the state this year, if they could've got out of the 1st round! Funny.

Take a page from Tazewell and get some class.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TheAlpha fires shot into dead horse*

Get some new material Bearcat or just let the water keeping running under the bridge.

oh...so sorry to ruin your good mood...(sarcasm by the way)

once again like i have to tell all you un-ruly people on here i never said we were better blah blah...you put those words in my mouth....

also sorry to offend i wasnt aware your jerseys and helmet were the HOLY GRAIL of high school football...

and umm...yea an individual is usually sore and has bruises after most football games...hence its called a contact sport....its not like grundy is the only team out there hitting or anything

have a nice day smile.gif

After watching that film about a million times, Mitchell wasn't the only one that got us in that game, Morrison was key in winning that game and Lockett...I think thats the correct names...Morrison made the tackle on the last play of the game and Lockett scored...but during the game both made key stops that Grundy would have scored on...for that I give them credit...both good football players...as is Mitchell.

I have a blue Grundy helemt in my garage somewhere...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Picked up Gate City, eh? Well I guess you kind of have to when your enrollment is twice that of theirs and you drop down to their district

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually VA High only has about 30 more students than Gate City. VA High's enrollment is now dowin into the Single A ranks like Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy.

VA High is ducking competition by picking up GC? Thats a laugh coming from someone who's team plays a bunch of back woods nobodys from WV and KY every year. Ask Richlands and Tazewell if they thought GC was an easy team to play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Picked up Gate City, eh? Well I guess you kind of have to when your enrollment is twice that of theirs and you drop down to their district

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually VA High only has about 30 more students than Gate City. VA High's enrollment is now dowin into the Single A ranks like Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy.

VA High is ducking competition by picking up GC? Thats a laugh coming from someone who's team plays a bunch of back woods nobodys from WV and KY every year. Ask Richlands and Tazewell if they thought GC was an easy team to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, GC is a pretty easy team to compete against -- from the Richlands perspective -- if you consider tennis, golf, baseball, soccer, wrestling, volleyball, girl's basketball, cross country, etc. -- although much respect to them for competitive b-ball and f-ball programs.

2 of those teams made the playoffs in ky, the other finished 2-8 in what was a disapointing season for them, the were picked to win their region before the season...they actually had two players quit during the Grundy game...which was teh first of the year...the QB and a RB just walked out half way through the game...lol.

and i doubt anyone is saying anything negative about GC...everyone knows they are a top notch football program around here...

I think GC's golf, girls tennis, volleyball, baseball, and softball teams would all be competitive against Richlands. All GC's programs I just mentioned are all competitive in the state almost every year and GC has won state titles in vball, girls tennis, and softball recently.

[ QUOTE ]

I think GC's golf, girls tennis, volleyball, baseball, and softball teams would all be competitive against Richlands. All GC's programs I just mentioned are all competitive in the state almost every year and GC has won state titles in vball, girls tennis, and softball recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay...if you say so...I'm assuming you still live in swva...when I was there(R'lands) GC was not to be seen in the sports I mentioned.

For the aforementioned sports, I tend to remember it only being Abingdon and VHS. Although during my freshman year in high school, Marion was quite competitive in tennis and golf.

Well, this has only been in about the last 3-4 years. You never heard much from Gate City in the sports I mentioned when they were in the Highlands, but they have had a pretty good run of athletes the past few years.

[ QUOTE ]

Well, this has only been in about the last 3-4 years. You never heard much from Gate City in the sports I mentioned when they were in the Highlands, but they have had a pretty good run of athletes the past few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

RESPECTFULLY...

They've been in Group A only a few years...could that be the reason you've heard of them in these sports?

That could be the case. But they have also been competitive at the state level in these sports too, the AA teams around here really haven't been competitive in sports like they probably were when you still lived around here. Of course you still have Grundy in wrestling, Abingdon in soccer. It just goes to show that sports goes in cycles. Used to be, no single A school in this area could compete with an AA school in anything, but over the past few years, even mediocre single A schools have been competitive with AA schools around here.

[ QUOTE ]

That could be the case. But they have also been competitive at the state level in these sports too, the AA teams around here really haven't been competitive in sports like they probably were when you still lived around here. Of course you still have Grundy in wrestling, Abingdon in soccer. It just goes to show that sports goes in cycles. Used to be, no single A school in this area could compete with an AA school in anything, but over the past few years, even mediocre single A schools have been competitive with AA schools around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, agreed for the large part. I don't want to sound like a loser, but GC has not been competitive with us in tennis, golf, and baseball -- I can only remember back to 1990 or so and I left SWVA after 1998. If you show they have outside of those years...then I respect that.

And please remember, for some of the years when I was still in school, GC remained in Group AA.

Well, to my knowledge, I don't think GC has even played Richlands in golf, tennis, or baseball since GC left AA. All I was sayin is, GC probably would be if they did play Richlands.

Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't knockin Richlands by any means, I was just trying to get the good Single A schools around here their dues, because they do play the AA schools around here pretty even most of the time.

you guys can say what you want about Larry Hypes...lol..I think he had the headline of the year with this one...wonder if he read all the stuff being said on here all week?

[ QUOTE ]

Dogs silence Virginia High

Posted: Friday, Nov 26, 2004 - 11:28:18 pm EST

By LARRY HYPES

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well, to my knowledge, I don't think GC has even played Richlands in golf, tennis, or baseball since GC left AA. All I was sayin is, GC probably would be if they did play Richlands.

Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't knockin Richlands by any means, I was just trying to get the good Single A schools around here their dues, because they do play the AA schools around here pretty even most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should clarify my position. Richlands is more competitive in sports than GC, minus obviously football and basketball. Yep, they haven't played that much since the Devils dropped to A, but it is easy to call who would be the victor in sports such as tennis, golf, wrestling, baseball, volleyball, etc. (TALKING STATISTICALLY, OVER TIME)

Edited At My Leisure.