tazewell 26 va high 7 - final

Lance

Tazewell fumbled on the 12 and va high was able to get it in...other than that they didn't get anywhere near the endzone all night...tazewell threw for a td, had a couple of int's and ran for a few td's..JR Wilson had a great night...broke a couple of big runs, one for a TD...the va high defense played well near the goal line again, give them credit for that...Tazewell could have scored a couple of more but the va high defense tightened up when they were backed up.

Again there were a lot of questionable calls...two pass int. calls against tazewell kept va high drives alive...and a couple of others along the way brought the tazewell fans to their feet to give the refs an ear full...luckily it didn't take any points off the board for tazewell, and when they needed it tazewell's defense was able to hold them. Not as bad as last weeks sham, but still some crazy stuff going on.

For all the trash va high talked about tazewell, I exepected a little more out of them...or perhaps after getting hit like they did for two quarters by tazewell's heavy hitters, they stopped believing their own BS. #8 for tazewell had the hit of the game on a punt...completely cleaned some poor kids clock...lol.

What comes around, goes around...and tonight it came back on va high...I personally couldn't be happier. As much as i would have loved to see Grundy and Tazewell match up this week, it was a pure pleasure to watch va high get a lesson in respect.

congrats to the bulldogs and good luck against gretna next week...hope you can bring one back for the swd.

[ QUOTE ]

Again there were a lot of questionable calls...two pass int. calls against tazewell kept va high drives alive

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got that right. The two pass interference calls against Tazewell were horrible calls and blew my mind. Then the officials blew what should have been pass interference on Virginia High prior to halftime when they tackled the Tazewell receiver prior to the ball getting there.

I dont know why this stuff keeps going on...thank god it didn't matter this week...but still...something should be done about it. It's not "just part of the game".

Tazewell dropped about 3 other passes that were easy int's as well...could have been a lot more lop-sided.

The thing that's got me all year(besides every other penalty)is the face-masks Tazewell has gotten called against them.Though Im not going to sit hear and complain.Not cause we won but because these boys have come along way.Earlier in the year that would have just put everyone's head down and Tazewell would lose the game because of it.Now the just forget about those and move on.

These boys deserve a billboard on the side of that pressbox no matter what...atleast that what I think...

Congratulations Tazewell players/coaches/fans on your Region Championship. Your team played an inspired football game and showed that they are an improved football team from the first time we played.

Wilson ran the ball extremely hard. Evans and Burton were controlling their side of the line of scrimmage. Muncey and Cleaver are both excellent linebackers. Your whole team played great last night and we at virginia high will be rooting for you to smash Gretna next weekend. Control the ball and it could happen!

I haven't saw any Tazewell people gloating this morning, just 'ole bitter Lance. Who would've thought smirk.gif. You forgot to mention we drove the ball to the 20 in that first drive before turning it over on downs and stripping it the next play. I'd say we earned that sniff. We have our own opinions on the calls that were made by the officials last night, but it's just not worth hashing over. It doesn't matter. Tazewell played better than we did. period.

Again, Congratulations and good luck Bulldogs.

Thats right, the ref's were off on a few calls and i was one of those on the post screaming at them... btw, were u there Lance? but I would have to compliment V.Highs D- in the 4th quarter they really pulled up there considering we were on the 1 yard line and couldnt get that touch down in.. Good Job. See everyone at Gretna next weekend. <font color="green"> </font>

YAY! GO TAZEWELL! I AM SO GLAD THAT VA HIGH LOST I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN IT. AS LONG AS VA HIGH LOST I DONT CARE HOW BAD THE SCORE WAS. THEY DESERVED IT AND I WOULD STILL WISH WE COULD BE THERE IN TAZEWELL'S POSITION RIGHT NOW, BUT OH WELL. GOOD LUCK TAZEWELL AT GRETNA NEXT WEEKEND. JUST GO IN THERE AND GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT AND YOU WILL HAVE A SHOT AT IT. GOOD LUCK!

First off Congrats Tazewell

Next I am glad to see that Lance and all the other Grundy fans had time to post all of these messages because they had time to sit at home because VHS beat Grundy @ Grundy in overtime.

I hope that Lance has some time to mature and grow up before next season so we don't have to hear him complain about why Grundy lost.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats right, the ref's were off on a few calls and i was one of those on the post screaming at them... btw, were u there Lance? but I would have to compliment V.Highs D- in the 4th quarter they really pulled up there considering we were on the 1 yard line and couldnt get that touch down in.. Good Job. See everyone at Gretna next weekend. <font color="green"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...I was there...said so in one of the other posts.

Were you one of the people holding up signs?

as for getting inside the 20...It was close to that...I dont think you got inside...i think tazewell got a holding call that backed it up inside the 15 if i remember correctly...either way, it wasn't close enough for you guys to take a shot at a FG was it?

and to all you VHS people...it came back around. You guys were the ones on here all week talking trash about T-Town...not me.