The postgame scene included...

Bluefield_Rules

I would like to know what REALLY happened after the game. if there was aproblem why is only one man being made an example of. if he did something so bad then why wernt there charges filed on him. sounds to me a case of some obnoxious bluefield fans getting something started the having there mayberry police force acting like they're badder than they are.

steelerfan..take your stupid comments and shove em, the police did a fine job and handled it well, had they chosen to do so, that idiot coach would still be sitting in jail..and the fight was all in-house Weir people, Bluefield people are smarter than that so know somethign about the game and about what happened before you go spouting off from your pie hole and insulting people

I agree with tom , know what your talking about before you speek, your coach was mad becuase yall had us down by 14 points with 2:28 left and we came back and beat yall.....if thats not a sore loser blaming blu fans for there own coaches actions then i dont know what is

first of all, there is no ya'll. i am not a weir fan or have anything to do with weir. i do know bluefield though and how the people in bluefield act. but still no one has answered my question. what REALLY happened. you seem to be avoiding that question. reality is you probably dont know either.

it was already discussed in previous threads...do a search....or just click on a couple of the other threads in the first 2 pages you will find it.

The post is: Bluefield Comes back to beat Weir in OT

blfd fans and plyrs were too busy celebrating, jumping, hugging, etc... no one from blfd cared about participating in the RED riders antics...

if ure not from weir or blfd steeler87, where r u from???

The rumor is the incident seemed to be provoked by a Weir Fan who said something to a Weir coach.Also a Weir player who seems to need anger management classes,was involved.He had taken his jersey off,so there's no way to identify him.He may have been trying to breaks things up,although several people were restraining him,as he was trying to get to coach. Weir coaching staff were trying to restrain the one Weir coach as he was trying to get to Weir player. He broke loose as B.P.D. arrived on scene.He was tackled,handcuffed and led from field.Everyone involved was from Weir sidelines.If any one from Weir would like to clear up the story,we would welcome comments.

I have to say, I couldn't tell what happened at all from the Bluefield stands. All I could tell is that nobody (save for about 3-4 Weir players and a Weir coach?) would come out to shake hands. Seemed like really poor sportsmanship to snub the other team like that.

i was on the field as soon as the game was over... and Bluefield was running around celebrating and not to concerned with the line for shaking hands. but a couple moments later, i did notice a line had formed and that there was shaking hands. a lot of our players were not in that line because they were still celebrating. i was talking to Rusty and personally saw 2 coaches come up to him and congratulate him... and i saw that all over the field... players and coaches going up, individually, and shaking hands and telling good game. they may not have ALL been in the line, but neither was all of our team. and just as our players were running around and celebrating (and not in the line) i saw a lot of the Weir players laying flat on their stomachs or on their knees crying, and understandably so. i didn't see any bad intentions or ill will going from Weir players/staff towards Bluefield players/staff. it was just the situation.

I understand that completley , i mean they gave up 14 points to tie it up in less that 3 minutes,and didnt let us score for almost the whole game....they had the reservations for wheeling allready made....but 1 play changed it all.....they had a right to be sad about it.

[ QUOTE ]

i was on the field as soon as the game was over... and Bluefield was running around celebrating and not to concerned with the line for shaking hands. but a couple moments later, i did notice a line had formed and that there was shaking hands. a lot of our players were not in that line because they were still celebrating. i was talking to Rusty and personally saw 2 coaches come up to him and congratulate him... and i saw that all over the field... players and coaches going up, individually, and shaking hands and telling good game. they may not have ALL been in the line, but neither was all of our team. and just as our players were running around and celebrating (and not in the line) i saw a lot of the Weir players laying flat on their stomachs or on their knees crying, and understandably so. i didn't see any bad intentions or ill will going from Weir players/staff towards Bluefield players/staff. it was just the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but here is a good picture that shows a lot of Bluefield players lined up, looking to the Weir sidelines for their players to come out and shake hands...

Buzzsaw's photo

This is just a snapshot, but there do seem to be a lot of Bluefield players waiting to give a handshake, and not many takers.

I can understand the emotions, and why the Weir kids might have been too torn up, but there are clearly some guys there just staring at the Bluefield players from their sideline.

Lets put it this way, if the police hadn't stopped him, he would have probably hit the player he was after and went to jail for a bit of time. Coaches and players tried to stop him, he broke free from them and then he was detained. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS??????????????