Bluefield/ Wayne

beaverbaseball

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne runs the Wing-T, almost identical to the offense Bluefield ran in 2003, and namely in 2002. In other words, Bluefield is very familiar with this set and should have an easier time stopping it since they ran it themselves at one point.

Well the weather isn't supposed to be that bad up in Wheeling.

It is supposed to be Partly Cloudy and in the high 20's

The precipitation percentage is only 10% so hopefully it won't snow. But with the Winds coming in from Wheeling Island Stadium it is gonna feel like it is close to 10 degrees. So it is going to be a cold one.

I'll be going to get my hot hands and some long johns tommorrow! lol

[ QUOTE ]

No team in West Virginia short of WVU or Marshall could hold Bluefield under ten points.

Ask Martinsburg about that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Weir was THIS close to doing it. It can be done, it's just exceedingly rare.

I have a question...

This isn't hating, it's a legitimate question, something I noticed when I saw Bluefield for the first time this past weekend.

Bluefield has a small offensive line...three guys under 200, and of those three, a couple, under 170. I have to admit, that was quite a surprise to me.

I noticed that a couple of the lighter ones came out when Bluefield was in a goalline situation...some heavier guys came in.

My question...is having a light offensive line a liability? I just feel like (at least against Weir) that it hindered getting the offense untracked, the defense was just getting too much penetration at the line.

BeaverHolie: The smaller offensive line allows them to put their bodies in between themselves and the person running the ball. There speed makes up for the size they lack. With the speed and talent of all the Bluefield backs, a second is all that is needed to get through the line and into the secondary.

I think the small and faster offensive linemen work in our favor late in the game when the other team is fatigued. It also benefits us greater on sweep and toss plays when the linemen are able to get off the line quicker and throw blocks upfield.