Bluefield/ Wayne

beaverbaseball

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a very solid running game and are very deep in the backfield, having a variety of different backs they can throw at you. Their style is basically the old school, run it down your throat type of football. Wayne is also a very fundamentally sound team.

As I said previously, they run the Wing-T formation, which is basically the Double Wing that we run plus two tight ends outside of each tackle. Bluefield ran this offense in 2002 and it should help them in shutting it down.

Wayne has a number of good players and i dont feel like typing all of them. On offense- Nick Newell QB Strong Arm(decieving speed) RB's - Josh Powers&Garry Roland... both have a little over 700 yards and both have missed 4 games this season... cant really key on either because 4 others have over 400 yards rushing.... Linemen... Brock Anderson probably all state tackle TE/LB Trevor Marcum... definate 1st teamer.. this guy is a beast/ he makes most big backs look like little girls when hes back there at linebacker. Kyle Sword... meanest guard around... when he is ticked off i would line him up nose to nose with anyone. Keep in mind that wayne will be fresh the entire night. Noone on there offensive and defensive lines play both ways... Bluefield does indeed play iron man. That could be a big difference come second half. Wayne defense:

D linemen Seth Botkins best pass rusher/penetrator, Mark Daniels decent strength at DE and plays as hard as anyone on the field, Jake Gilliam can match the speed of Mike Davis so dont plan on burning our secondary deep too many times like they have previously, Tyler Michaels... about 4.5 40 meter dash and weighs about 130 but plays like hes 210.... look for him to make some key plays on defense....

hope that helps you try to size wayne up... i would say good luck this weekend but i hope wayne wins so i believe not haha not tryin to be a bad sport