great unseen matchups 04

OU81

before the season ends and we move to bball, i think this would be an interesting topic...

"what would be some great matchups of swva football teams that have not played each other this year???"

dont know why, but the first one that come to mind is james monroe vs grundy...

also, blfd vs gate city

Grundy vs. Lebanon

Grundy vs. Gate City

Grundy vs' Honaker

Grundy vs. Powell Valley

Grundy vs. Giles

Grundy vs. Gretna

Richlands vs. Gretna

Richlands vs. Bluefield

Richlands vs. Powell Valley

Gretna, Bluefield, Powell Valley, and Gate City is the teams I would like to play. The first 3 cause simply, they're good, the last...to see if we could even it up. Only in my little world would all this be possible though lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this would have been a great match-up this year but Bluefield vs. Richlands only because the wife is from Richlands and Im from Bluefield... and I have had to listen to it all season long... smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for your wife.

You're still playing for a state title. I wouldn't worry too much about that first game. Good luck by the way.

I kinda wish GC could have one more crack at Powell Valley, but I'll have to wait till next year.

Since someone mentioned a Tennessee team, Gate City vs. Dobyns-Bennett (Kingsport) @ Legion Field is my wish. Heard a lot of stories about some of their matchups back in the day.