This question has not been brought up, soooooo....

sandman

[ QUOTE ]

I was standing in the corner of the endzone along the fence in the closing minutes of regulation and OT. As Rusty spiked the ball I immediately looked back to the clock to see it go from two seconds down to one second. Much like total, I thought more time ran off than should have, but it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be long now as the "moderator" (that's a joke) banns me for treason against the crown (Bluefield Football).

Never before on any website I have ever visited, have the moderators ever interjected themselves in the discussions and questions listed to insult the site members, even when comments violate site rules (which this topic does not).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I was standing in the corner of the endzone along the fence in the closing minutes of regulation and OT. As Rusty spiked the ball I immediately looked back to the clock to see it go from two seconds down to one second. Much like total, I thought more time ran off than should have, but it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be long now as the "moderator" (that's a joke) banns me for treason against the crown (Bluefield Football).

Never before on any website I have ever visited, have the moderators ever interjected themselves in the discussions and questions listed to insult site members even when comments violate site rules (which this topic does not).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly new here, but I'm not new to Internet message boards. What you are doing now is flaming, making posts with the intent of eliciting negative responses.

You asked a question, and several people have replied in factual statements.

1. Was Bluefield set before the spike? You have been responded to by at least two people who confirmed that Bluefield was indeed set before the play started.

2. Was the clock run correctly? You have been responded to by at least two people who said that if anything, TOO MUCH time ran off the clock.

Also, as a couple people noted, if this was even close to being an issue, wouldn't the Weir coaches have reviewed their tape and filed some sort of grievance with the WVSSAC already?

I noticed you placed words in several people's mouths, where they said whatever happened, happened. You implied that these people were aware of some kind of cheating and were in agreement with this alleged cheating. Total, complete BS. Nobody here has ever implied any impropriety with the clock, and you know that.

Please, stop while you still have some dignity. With every bleating response, you look like a sad, bitter, hater, who is just looking for SOMETHING to hang your misery on.

It must really suck to be you.

[ QUOTE ]

hey sandman, Blfd kicked the you know what out of Graham. you need to get over it and stop acting like a 5 year old

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey buddy, you don't know who I am or where I went to school. The only thing you know is that I'm located in Bluefield VA and that means Graham, and if you know anything, you know you hate Graham. You're just firing off "my school rocks, your school sucks", as fast as you can key it in. You're hilarous.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hey sandman, Blfd kicked the you know what out of Graham. you need to get over it and stop acting like a 5 year old

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey buddy, you don't know who I am or where I went to school. The only thing you know is that I'm located in Bluefield VA and that means Graham, and if you know anything, you know you hate Graham. You're just firing off "my school rocks, your school sucks", as fast as you can key it in. You're hilarous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you know, you could surely educate us and tell us what interest you do have in this. Frankly, anything near "Casual observer" sounds completely bogus...a casual observer wouldn't go to the lengths you are to cast aspersions on what happened?

So, since people have assumed incorrectly who you are affiliated with, why don't you tell us which school you DID go to, and why this whole issue has you so intent on flaming the board here? Inquiring minds want to know.

P.S. Some of us have a horrible Mercer County education, yet have still managed to do pretty well with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Was the clock run correctly? You have been responded to by at least two people who said that if anything, TOO MUCH time ran off the clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have have had people (post #'s total-12518) respond with some doubt about the clock. Your not really reading what other people have to say. You just can't wait to lecture me about how bad of a person that I am for asking questions about the ending of a state semi final football game that I attended this weekend. If you took Bluefield's involvement out of the equation your responses would be more.....objective and a lot less emotional.

I have never said that anyone on this message board has had knowledge of "cheating", and to say so is a lie. You said that not me.

LOL!! Never fails.

I was all over the clock, and crouched with my hands on my knees watching the offense, and yes they were set before the ball was snapped. They performed wonderfully, probably more so than a college team in that situation. They were all calm and did what they had to do!!! They did it well. No harm, no foul. These are the last words you'll hear from me on this bogus subject.

I haven't posted on the matter yet, but I was in attendance the full time, Saturday, and I just wanted to say, for 45 minutes, Wier looked to be the more motivated, enthustiastic bunch. That #44 kid looked to be the real deal. He was wantin' it, that's all there was to it.

Now, not to bash Bluefield, heck, I was pulling for the Beavers, the Red Riders drove the field at will the second and third quarters, but the Beaver D held when it was critical. I was almost shocked when the interception happened, I seriously was thinking to myself that Wier will power it up the middle, but they didn't, and you as Beaver fans should be glad for that. When the interception occured, I almost lost it, I told my friend Primetime, Bluefields got a chance, Bluefield has got a chance. And never have my words been more true. I was utterly shocked that the Weir D, which had been solid all day, cracked on a long run, and then gave up the TD. I was also happy because the Beavers won! It was without a doubt, the most exciting high school game I have seen in my short life.

Now as for the clock, I wasn't paying attention to it, I was wondering if Bluefield could score! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You're just firing off "my school rocks, your school sucks", as fast as you can key it in. You're hilarous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we're firing off the cliché 'our team is going to the state title game and you're not' in addition to the "my school rocks, your school sucks" You should come to Wheeling and enjoy the game with us.

[ QUOTE ]

I noticed you placed words in several people's mouths, where they said whatever happened, happened. You implied that these people were aware of some kind of cheating and were in agreement with this alleged cheating. Total, complete BS. Nobody here has ever implied any impropriety with the clock, and you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY BEAVERHOKIE!!!! what does it mean when you say Total, complete BS???? i'm just wanting to know what you think is BS???? the fact that I THOUGHT we would have 2 or 3 seconds on the clock or the fact that I THOUGHT there would be a flag, but could have been called on both sides, or the fact that I THOUGHT it wouldn't make any difference if we was on the 1 or the 6 because we was getting in the endzone regardless...... YOU TELL ME WHAT IS BS ABOUT MY FACTS OR WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! 'cuz i'm just curious!!!

[ QUOTE ]

oh yeah..... maybe? i didn't think about that. see what i meant when i say i often speak before thinking. i think that is often known as foot-in-mouth disease wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sources is correct...I was referring to Sandman's comments as being total BS. Certainly not casting aspersion on you smile.gif

I do see where it could be taken that way, with the word total being at the beginning of the sentence and being capitalized.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You're just firing off "my school rocks, your school sucks", as fast as you can key it in. You're hilarous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, we're firing off the cliché 'our team is going to the state title game and you're not' in addition to the "my school rocks, your school sucks" You should come to Wheeling and enjoy the game with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the invite, but I will be attending Richlands hosting Salem Saturday at 1:30.

About the cliche and the state title game. It won't just be remembered who but also how it was won. That's the point of this post, and not everyone sees the final moments of Saturdays Semi-Final game the same. The more I reflect on what happened combined with the comments of some on this message board, the more I am convinced that mistakes were made by the officiating staff and personnel inside the press box (timekeeper).

exactly. i was one of the people who left with 4 minutes left, and i can verify about 75% of us all came back and stood near the locker rooms. just so happened that i got right at the fence. no one from weir doubted bluefield won the game fair so why would you? there was no substantial home cooking. and even if there was a teenie bit...the fact that given a FRACTION of a second, bluefield could come back and win the game, they deserved it. because i'd like you to name one other team who can pull a 14 point deficit out and win in 4 minutes.

IMO the only thing controversial is what happened on the Weir sideline with 2:38 left. Why do you pass in that situation? WHY????? You're up 2 TD's the other guy has no time outs, they have stooped you for under 3 yards maybe 3 or 4 times, and are obviuously wearing down, and even if you don't convert, what had been a pretty ineffective offense has to go 65 yards, and then put another drive together IF they get the onside kick.

So, instead of using common sense, you throw the ball aound the fastest defense in the state, and thanks to the INT return, now they only have one 50 yard drive after the onside kick, and all of that work you're team put in for 47 minutes 22 seconds is all for not. Because of that stupidity and arrogance on the part of Weir, they deserved whatever happened to them afterwards, and now they'll get to watch someone else hold the AA championship trophie in their own back yard!!!

I find it ironic that someone from Graham is making these accusations, while the James Monroe faithful are actually vouching for the legitimacy of the Bluefield win.

I am still waiting for my question to be answered though. If there is any legitimacy to these claims, why hasn't a grievence been filed on behalf of Weir to the WVSSAC? They have the most to gain and lose from this and it would only seem logical that they would be spearheading the effort if they were indeed some credible evidence of this clock mismanagement.

With that being said, I have stated my opinion on the matter and I will leave it at that.

[ QUOTE ]

I find it ironic that someone from Graham is making these accusations, while the James Monroe faithful are actually vouching for the legitimacy of the Bluefield win.

I am still waiting for my question to be answered though. If there is any legitimacy to these claims, why hasn't a grievence been filed on behalf of Weir to the WVSSAC? They have the most to gain and lose from this and it would only seem logical that they would be spearheading the effort if they were indeed some credible evidence of this clock mismanagement.

With that being said, I have stated my opinion on the matter and I will leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, there will never any official contact bewteen Weir and the SSAC on this matter, and the reason is that the events following the completion of the game on Saturday. To complain will not produce any fruitful results for anyone. Have you ever known any governing body of high school football to spontaneously change the result of a contest and send the loser of that contest forward to the next round of competition? No, I bet you have not. If the action produces no result, why take action. It burns all credibility of the coach in question, and one of his assistants was detained after the completion of the game to make matters worse.

To the question of will anyone come forward to admit there might have been a mistake with timekeeping in the final sequence of plays. No. No one will EVER approach the local print or broadcast sports media and reval that a mistake might have been made in officiating in the local football teams "moment of ultimate glory". This website is the only public forum that this discussion will ever take place and my opinion has been impugned and riduculed by the "Beaver Believers" that moderate this house organ.

The emotion that permeates the Bluefield backers on this topic can be seen in the vile hatred and disdain for anyone who dares ask a question that strays from the template of blind acceptance of what transpired on Saturday. I reject the notion that "all you need to know is that Bluefield won". That is not all I need to know. And the fact that Bluefield is going to Wheeling and is most likely going to win on Friday does not compel me to forfeit my opinion. I think that officiating mistakes were made and they will end up deciding the group AA championship.

Well it is official Weir won the game Saturday and Sandman is an idiot.... Good Luck in Wheeling this weekend to the Red Riders and to the GMen as they take on Gretna in the semis.....what color is the sky in your world, Sandman?