Cheering Sections

RlandsSWDChamp

Who will have the most turnovers?  

1. 1. Who will have the most turnovers?

A lot of that has to do with the administration actually supporting the Cheering Sections. I remember fans from Tazewell being told to sit down throughout the season. Tazewell even put fans on the upper deck, but that was because of the Richlands v Tazewell game where all that crap happened. But I think the Richlands @ Tazewell game was a great game with great cheering sections on both sides where the cheering sections were about even, but I have to say that the Rifes Raiders had a better cheering section through the overall season. Never know for this year with Wyatt pumping up the school spirit for Tazewell, it might just carry over through basketball season.

What are you talking about crowd control at the volleyball games? I went to some of the games and heard nothing but fans cheering on their team. I don't recall anyone being thrown out or any cops being called. confused.gifconfused.gif

You obviously weren't at the Richlands/Honaker game. There was big crowd of Richland's kids sitting near the back of the court yelling stuff at our players while they were trying to serve, and sitting behind our bench and humming the jeopardy tune as loud as they could during time outs. The refs had to silence the crowd after a while it got so bad. I thought the principal/assistant principal was in charge of crowd control, not the refs.

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen all these cheering sections, and I have to say, Richlands is hands down the best. Rife's Raiders are probably some of the roudiest fans I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear that the tradition of rowdiness continues at Richlands. Back in the day, we simply referred to ourselves as the Krazy Korner. I was there the night someone actually ripped one of the bleachers off and waved it in the air during the regional playoff against VHS back in '88. Or maybe I wasn't.

Good times. Good times....

I never cared about the yelling, just during serving. Thats pretty much the only rule towards cheering in volleyball is that you can't try to mess the other team up when they're serving.

And the whole point of my post was, the refs had to silence the fans. The admin should always step in and quiet their students before the refs should have to. Refs should have to worry about the game and not the fans in the stands, and the refs that night pretty much had to worry about both.

WELL I'M NOT MUCH ON VOLLYBALL BUT IF IT IS A SPORT YOU CAN YELL IN LET IT FLY. I GUESS SERVING IS JUST LIKE SHOTING A FOULSHOT IS BASKETBALL THE NOISE IS PART OF THE GAME. AS LONG AS NO NAMES ARE CALLED AND NO BAD WORDS. THE PALYERS THAT LEARN TO HANDLE THE FAN NOISE USUALLY DO THE BEST. PLUS TO SHUT UP A FAN PLAY GOOD AND LET YOU GAME SHUT THEM UP.

Why are you crying ? honaker won that game at RHS. those students at the volleyball games have school spirit and take alot of pride in their volleyball team.So lets see who can be the loudest next year,i'll be there, how about you?Have a good day and give the world a smile sports fan.