The blue turf again

buzzsawBeaver

So it doesn't "have" to be blue.

After listening to the players talk enthusiastically about the turf, is there "any" possibility whatsoever mitchell stadium could ever have field turf installed. With bluefield and graham's speed it would be such an advantage.

As it is in my honest opinion, the field at mitchell stadium seems to have more slopes here and there, they only have a ground's crew of 3 to care for it anymore due to city budgets. Obviously considering that, the city themselves wouldn't have the budget for field turf, but wheeling raised the $s for theirs, and with all the $s some big shots and alumni in bluefield have, not to mention grants and such, it would seem possible.

It should be blue also, of course I've mentioned that before a few times.

since we do share the field with our neighbors from Bluefield, VA... i don't think they would appreciate the field being blue. however, it would be fun to rub it in their eyes that 1 week out of the year. is it Beaver/Graham time yet??? i can't wait!!!

what parking lot lance, at grundy?

As for graham folks though, that would be a smallprice for them to pay to have field turf to play on though.

The more I thought about it, they put 800,000 $s into mitchell stadium for the super6 bid in recent years, granted some of that was for the structure of the stands which had to be re strengthened, I don't know where those funds were from, but considering that it seems it would be possible.

Forget the super6 bids at this point though in my opinion.

But they should do it for the area, everything else about the stadium is 1st rate, and around here we consider it the best stadium in the state, might as well have the best turf.

That said, it's "chamara field", obviously it should be "chmara blue".

no, not Grundy...Grundy needs a parking building, the lot is to small...but actually I think it was re-paved not long ago if you want to know the truth.

I just think for what they charge the teams to use the stadium they could at least pave the parking lot...it's probably the worse looking part of the stadium complex and then after that the scoreboard...turf would be nice, but thats about $700,000 or so...i'm sure they could run a fundraiser and raise the money if they wanted to pretty easy.

wasn't putting anyone down, just my opinion of something they should do.

I think it would be a cool thing "blue turf"

i think the college team is boise state, they have turf and like a 30 game winning streak or something like that

it would be really cool to have blue turf, or maybe even the beaver emblem in the middle of the field and Bluefield in the endzones like the wheeling stadium was done

If I hit the lottery tonight (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE <crossing fingers>), I'll pay for a turf field at Mitchell Stadium on one condition...

The official name must be changed to G-Man Turf at Chmara Field/Mitchell Stadium. grin.gif

If i won the lottery, i'd bulid a whole new stadium right below bhs, leave john chamara field, but put beaver stadium

No blue turf, but have the beaver emblem on the 50 and bluefield in the endzones, lets make the field.....ummm....maroon?....lol

don't know about the maroon field buddy lol

but I think it is a great idea on the blue turf or turf like at Wheeling. I for one would help raise money to fund the turf which i'd say alot of people would. If someone went to George at the rec center he might consiter it

I just thought you meant grundy lance. I never realized the parking lot at mitchell stadium had a lot of flaws though. But then I have a reserved parking space.

George is the 1 with only 3 employees to manage mitchell stadium though so I don't know what he could do about it, he would know who financed all the renovations and upgrades though. Someone with $s has a personal interest in making mitchell stadium the best it can be.

Tell me this wouldn't be something else, with the beaver logo.

brstadium.jpg

NO!

I would much rather not play on blue turf... mad.gif

Oh, the post was on Mitchell Stadium...I think maroon would be a nice touch, because both Bluefield and Graham's uniforms would stick out nicely. It would also provide a little bit of an intimidation factor: I mean, anything helps. I can give my vantage point: I remember the days in the band where I could get no traction on the ground at halftime, and I could just imagine how the players felt. Turf would be a nice feature, the color is what really matters. smirk.gif

That's what america is for BR, believing and dreaming. Of course that said, I'd consider myself successful in all this if I could simply come up with chmara blue jerseys.

"the color is what really matters."

Of course not, but if you're going to do something, do it the best, and be original, as most everything else about the program is special, no reason not to have the best icing on the cake, .... chmara blue icing of course.

If we could, could we really have a maroon or blue field?

i mean would the people having anything to do with high school football have something to say about that, i mean ive never saw a blue high school football field before. Would it be allowed?

scroll up and read the 3rd post on this... you'll see that i say something about Graham not liking the field to be blue because they play there too. and i guess it was hinted at when others said a maroon field would compliment both teams