Powell Valley falls 20-13

Lance

So we close the book on 2004...it was a great season...congrats to all of the local teams for making this one of the best seasons to follow in recent years...we'll see you in 2005.

I saw that game live and in person, and I was GREATLY impressed with Powell Valley.

I thought Manassas Park would pull away early, and they were out to that 13-0 lead. Powell Valley did not fold, and showed that northern Virginia team what smash-mouth football is about. I was incredibly impressed with this game, being one of the only games I was able to see live.

Also, I wish J.I. Burton the best of luck in their game, and I hope the results fall in their favor!

Congrats on an exceptional effort, yall still have much to be proud of, and yall made the region throughout swva proud as well.

Good fortune to yall.

God willing, I'm certain that yall will likely be back in the title game, and with another title afterwards as well before long.

Thanks on a great season Powell Valley. There had to be one winner and one loser and I hate that PV was the loser of this one. PV could have made a come back with about 3 minutes left in the game. Robbins passes. Hopefully it was a touchdown pass. And Manassas Park intercepts it. Manassas Park's Zach Terrell was running so quick that he was just too much for Powell Valley. Next year PV will be rebuilding. Lose like 18 seniors from this year's team. Thank you Vikings on a great season. Congrtaulations to the Cougars.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey dude, do you not consider Norton in SWVA or something. They're playing for a state championship, give them a little respect. I think they've earned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know Burton was still playing, thought they played earlier and since no one got on here saying anything I assumed they lost...they got taken to the cleaners though...so whatever...so I forgot about Burton...sorry about that.

Guest Chubz

Burton was way overrated - they simply did not belong in the state championship.

Keep in mind that they could only defeat Coeburn 13-0 and Coeburn was absolutely hideous this year.