Can somebody tell me........

beaverball

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

im anxious to see these bluefield beavers whip up on graham again...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't expect to see a repeat of 08/27/04 come next August smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is certain, after trailing 41-0 at halftime Graham has nowhere to go, but up against Bluefield. Leading 41-0 with over six minutes to go in the first half doesn't happen too often against your rival...

[ QUOTE ]

but do not expect to have Graham down 41-0 at half come next August.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I just agree with you on that? If Graham is trailing Bluefield 41-0 at halftime again next year then the G-Men had better just cancel the rest of their season.

I can't stress enough the fact that last year's beaver-graham game will be COMPLETELY different from our upcoming game ... call it what you want, the G-men are pissed off and want revenge on the bluefield beavers, and the 4 Southwest district teams that also had their way with them. August 1 is just a date. For Graham and Graham football, the 2005 season started within minutes of their loss to Tazewell. Be ready for the G-men. It is a totally different ball game now. The new class of G-men have a different outlook on this upcoming season, in that they truly CARE about winning and losing. For the next two years, you might not see a Graham superstar on the front page as you have in the past, #2, but you will see the Maroon and Gold with a W.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't stress enough the fact that last year's beaver-graham game will be COMPLETELY different from our upcoming game ... call it what you want, the G-men are pissed off and want revenge on the bluefield beavers, and the 4 Southwest district teams that also had their way with them. August 1 is just a date. For Graham and Graham football, the 2005 season started within minutes of their loss to Tazewell. Be ready for the G-men. It is a totally different ball game now. The new class of G-men have a different outlook on this upcoming season, in that they truly CARE about winning and losing. For the next two years, you might not see a Graham superstar on the front page as you have in the past, #2, but you will see the Maroon and Gold with a W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay now I am really frightened....the G-Men are gonna take next years game serious.....who could ever imagine such a thing?

No use for the Beavers to even show up I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]

The new class of G-men have a different outlook on this upcoming season, in that they truly CARE about winning and losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach it pistol4. The 2004 G-Men lacked heart and the desire to win. I can't wait to see that desire back on the field again.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay now I am really frightened....the G-Men are gonna take next years game serious.....who could ever imagine such a thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, imagine that huh? lol

so, i guess Graham takes the BEAVER/grame game seriously once every 10 years (since that's usually how often they win the game)

and i just realized something... the logic behind this is completely wrong. isn't next years team made up of those 9th, 10th, and 11th graders that played last year - the ones that you said had no heart and no will to win - aren't they going to be the same ones playing next year??? how did they suddenly have the big change in heart? or are you all expecting the new class of Fresh to come in and change everything... or, maybe Carlock isn't allowing any of last years players back and will only accept new blood. i'm just wondering where those guys got this lightning in a bottle? is this stuff legal? you might wanna keep this under wraps 'cuz if word of this got out, then there might be an investigation as to where this new attitude came from.

better yet, i got a better idea... how 'bout you go talk to those players that gave their blood, sweat, and tears last season - and ask them why they didn't have any heart and why they didn't have a will to win. and be sure to wear a mouth piece when you do 'cuz you'll probably get punched in the mouth.

It's pretty easy for people to take shots and criticize players from a message board. If you're saying these kids had no heart or desire, you obviously never played football yourself in high school and the entire process of foreign to you. Like total said, I'd like to see you actually say that to any one of those kids who busted their tails in practice for several months just to have some jackass criticize them on a message board.

[ QUOTE ]

It's pretty easy for people to take shots and criticize players from a message board. If you're saying these kids had no heart or desire, you obviously never played football yourself in high school and the entire process of foreign to you. Like total said, I'd like to see you actually say that to any one of those kids who busted their tails in practice for several months just to have some jackass criticize them on a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI...No I have never played high school football but I have faithfully followed the G-men since 1988. The 2004 team was one that appeared to me to not have that "come from behind" attitude to win a game when they were down. Carlock and his staff can teach football fundamentals and discipline but you cannot teach the attitude of "I want it more than you". I am very much aware of how hard players work each and every year both on and off the field, and it is not my intention to critize anyone. I simply feel that the intensity that I have seen from previous years was not displayed on the field at each game this year.

ok, i understand what you're reasoning -- so how did this SAME group suddenly get that fire in 'em? aren't the ones that lacked that fire and intensity last season the same ones that will play next season? i'm just trying to see your logic

I want to say losing seasons are harder on the players than the fans. Each player or team goes through a growing process. As a fan I can only hope that the returning players have grown from this past season. They are the only ones that can look at each other and ask themselves "did we do all that we could do". If they have learned from the 04 season, it will be shown in the intensity of the players on the field. It appears by the post from "pistol4" that he is a player and that the returning players may have learned something from 04.