marcums td record

oldwave

hey lance.. someone needs to get their facts straight.. i dont know who started this but garron marcums total touchdowns this season was 23 in 10 games.. right?? thats all ive been hearing and i read it in this weeks va mountaineer.. well here a fact.. if 23 is the record then he didnt break the record.. he now shares it with david scammell who had 23 touchdowns in 10 games back in 1996... so he doesnt own this record however if 23 is the record then he has tied the record set in 1996... someone need to get the facts straight before they plaster wrong information in the local papers and on this board..

I think it was from Lloyd's stats...they announced it during the game that he had just set the record when he scored #22. I think they said Scammell had 21?

If Scammell scored 23 then he is tied for the record...still pretty good...he needs to go get 24+ next year then smile.gif something to work for.

Do you know what the all time rushing record is at Grundy? I heard Rutherford has that? Can you veryify?

I'm not sure about this, because there is not a lot of public knowledge on the stats...would be nice to get a chance to go back and look at the old stat sheets...

I think Scammell has the single season marks, JR Coleman second, then Rutherford third...

I think Rutherford is the all time leading rusher, all games considered...I think Lloyd would probably know more about this than anyone else since he has been doing game stats for the paper for so long....he would be the man to get input from on this...I know we were talking about this very thing back during the season in emails. I'll see if I can get him to provide some info.

cary was strictly a wr in his fr. and soph. years. played many different positions in jr and sr years. more than likely the best all round athlete in grundy history. all state football, all state baseball, and honorable mention all state basketball. also the first dudley award winner for the best college football player in the state. named for one of the best athletes to pass through the doors of graham high school.

JK wasn't all that great...and Cary was spread out all over the field like he said...Scammell and Rutherford had a ton of carries and JR Coleman is stuff Grundy football "legends" are made of...you hear the old timers talk about him, he was the best ever as far as pure RB.

alright i know there will been many different answers but in your opinion who are the best skill guys at grundy all time.. you get one 1-qb, 2-tb, 2-wr, and 1-te.. heres mine.. QB-TOMMY CRIGGER, TB-JUNIOR COLEMAN, CRAIG PLYMAL, WR-CARY PERKINS, BILLY ALTIZER, TE-JOHNATHAN KEEN... i guess this is mine... my stupid mind went blank when i started trying to think of their names.. maybe the ones i forgot somebody can help me out.. i guess thats what happens when you get old..

[ QUOTE ]

Lance, if you want to see some amazing high school records, chech out this link http://www.nflhs.com/news/records/default.asp

Crazy numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some awesome numbers...one of them even has some interest to me in particular:

11-Man Football - Team - Passing

MOST PASSING YARDS

Season

5,770 Kenton, OH, 2001 (15)

5,526 Nitro, WV, 1998 (14)

5,272 Springdale Shiloh Christian, AR, 1998 (15)

4,936 Shreveport Evangel Christian, LA, 1996 (15)

4,829 Mission, TX, 1990 (14)

4,775 Jackson Breathitt County, KY, 1999 (13)

4,730 Fort Thomas Highlands, KY, 2000 (15)

4,625 Rogers, TX, 1997 (16)

4,529 Charlotte Independence, NC, 2000 (16)

4,520 Mission, TX, 1987 (13)

Game

764 Pacific Palisades, CA vs. Van Nuys Grant, CA, 2000

672 Springdale Shiloh Christian, AR vs. Junction City, AR, 11-28, 1999

651 Sheldon Clark, KY vs. Allen Central, KY, 1991

638 Mogadore, OH vs. Atwater, OH, 11-10, 1956 (98 att., 38 com.)

636 Newport News, VA vs. Denbigh, VA, 11-4, 1966 (NN 60-13)

617 Hazard Perry County Central, KY, vs. Paintsville Johnson Central, KY, 1997

590 Turkey Valley, TX vs. Chillicothe, TX, 11-7, 1986 (CTV 61-15, 46 att., 28 com.)

588 Houston Elmore, TX vs. Houston Aldine Carver, TX, 1968

587 Magoffin County, KY vs. Perry Central, KY, 10-29, 1995

586 Little Rock Pulaski Academy, AR vs. Springdale Shiloh Christian, AR, 9-14, 2001

651 Sheldon Clark, KY vs. Allen Central, KY, 1991

Sheldon Clark is one of those "sorry" KY teams Grundy beat that everyone keeps giving them crap over.

Didn't know they hold a national record...thanks for the link man.

Oldwave, get over the fact that you once played for grundy. You dont *anymore* so dont be jealous of the ones that do good. Sometimes I forget how good you are thats why you played college ball and went to the NFL. If all of this is just jealousy just tell me man. I'm use to people being jealous of me. You sat there and talk about how your tired of hearing people talk about my records and stuff...Come on man get over it. I wish I had the line you ran behind but I didn't and dont. My blockers did pretty good when i've been behind them but they are no where near the size of the ones that you had. And also, telling one of my lineman not to block for me so I wouldn't get any numbers or THE RECORD!?!!?!LOL HAHA Thats pretty funny you has been! Just remember... I have one more year! laugh.gif