Way to early? 2016 season

Hoosyadaddy

Ryan, in your predictions for the year (page 1 of this thread) you say that AHS will lose 2. Which 2? I'm not debating you (yet), just wondering who you think AHS will lose to.

Richlands and either GC or Blacksburg. I think GC rebounds a bit this year, and Thad will have the Bruins looking good again, and that game is on the road.

Wade will definitely be hard to replace. I don't even think you can to be honest. I think you guys are forgetting about Holmes though. Kid was probably one of the best overall defensive players to come through Richlands, same thing for Wade. I don't see there being a defensive lineman that reaches his caliber for many years at Richlands.

No doubt both were great players.....but I recall similar statements being made when Richlands lost Travis Payne, Brandon Gayheart, and Garrett Arms after the 2005 season.  

No doubt both were great players.....but I recall similar statements being made when Richlands lost Travis Payne, Brandon Gayheart, and Garrett Arms after the 2005 season.

We've been blessed at Richlands to have some amazing LBs over the years. You could say these same things when we lost Wicks, Claybourne, Thomas (rip), etc.

Richlands and either GC or Blacksburg. I think GC rebounds a bit this year, and Thad will have the Bruins looking good again, and that game is on the road.

We shall see. 

Richlands has to play on the road.  Its been back and forth the last few years with the home team winning.  Advantage AHS

Gate City isnt going to improve that much in the near future.  They lose to RHS, AHS, and Union again in 2016

Blacksburg is trying to fill alot of holes due to graduation.  We'll have to see what they have in the cupboards.

On a side note: AHS will have the largest senior class on their roster in a decade with 18-21 seniors with significant playing time under their pads.

If AHS is going to make a run at a 3A state title this is their year to do it. 

AHS will be a great team. They could easily go 10-0 if everything gels right. Or they could slip up a time or two. Same goes for RHS.

I think RHS, AHS, Union, and Graham are the top 4 of SWVA this year.

Agreed.

At least you all play Graham before we do so there will be a measuring stick so to speak. JK

I also think that Abingdon should be the best team in our part of the state.  The experience they got last year in the playoffs will be huge for them.  Should have them really believing in themselves and have a lot of excitement in A town !

Richlands should be a strong 2nd and "maybe" as good,  but it all depends on how they replace the losses at D.  The O will/should be really good especially if they get a couple of guys to step up on the O line.

A lot could happen to all the local teams between now and the start of the season........injuries,transfers and such.

Galax has the potential and I'll take a dominate line about any day of the week.

They have to replace two all-state caliber (one voted, the other snubbed) linemen.  I believe the line will actually be a year older, wiser, stronger and better but time will tell.  I have said it before, with the kids between 7th and 9th grades right now, Galax could be in the beginning stages of something truly special.