How much snow does everyone have?

wavefan64

Just wondering how much snow everyone got out of the big storm system...We have about 4 or 5 inches in the Dry Fork area of Vansant right now, and the wind is terrible. Its been snowing since about 4:30 heavily and hasn't let up.

[ QUOTE ]

here is norton we got somewhere around 4 inches. the worse thing is when we got just rain this morning. it froze. we got aleast half of inch of ice under the snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, also on top of the mountains around Richlands the rain didnt melt all the much of the snow so it has pilled up.

In Tazewell, they started closing off some of the roads and cops were out telling people to go home...like anyone would be out joy riding??? but whatever...

here's a couple of pics I took from outside the house:

snow1.JPG

snow2.JPG

snow3.JPG

snow4.JPG

snow5.JPG

snow6.JPG

snow8.JPG

snow9.JPG

As you can tell it was getting dark...lol.

Looks like tazewell had a wet snow, the kind that sticks to trees powerlines and everything,lol...here in richlands it was the dry stuff but none the less...still have the roads completely covered and shut down basically. Hope these churches closed cause it wouldnt be good for everyone to be out right now.

Claypool hill last nite was a nitemare, the cuts were the worst since the last bad icing we had. There were cars on the side of the roads just sittin there everywhere. Id say its better now but its hard to tell.

Well i have a jeep and they go in about anything so i was fine but bunch of idiots out in little Dodge neons and cavaliers and stuff didnt quite make it. So id say it looked like a junkyard this mornin when it got daylight.

Yea, well im gonna brave out in it again later i gotta run to the store plus my cousin called and said the 4 lanez were open with one lane but i live in town and can see that the town isnt so shouldnt be much trouble really.

T-Town is screwed in the town itself, the 4 lane is not that bad if you don't drive like and idiot or get run over by one.

You could ski from one end of T-Town to the other if you wanted to...no pavement to be seen anywhere. I got what I had to get and went straight home...not much traffic out.

You guys be carefull out on the roads....it's slick.

Just got home from wal mart, about the same as wat u said the town itself is where the roads are bad, 4 lane is good till the cuts then they got one lane open there, but the sun is out and is tryin to melt a lil bit off the roadway now.