SWVA Soccer?

futbolfrank

Fine... no Beatles. But I will be damned all to hell if there's no beans on toast.

But seriously, it'd be great to see some soccer talk on here. Even though Frank and I might be the only ones doin' the talking, we would talk the hell out of it.

There's also some other teams around the area: Marion, Narrows, Lebanon, Abingdon, and Virginia High to name a few. VA High has been a dominant force in soccer in southwest Va and northeast Tennessee for the past 20 years.

My bad. I remember playing a team in red, it must have been Marion. But it got confused thinking back since Marion's school color is "scarlet". This team's jerseys were red, like Lebanon's.

I think more people need to play soccer. There are some students out there that aren't busy with baseball in the spring that would be really good at soccer. Last year was my first year playing and I'll tell ya, I've played the three other main sports and soccer was the funnest of all. And for the ones who haven't watched or played it, it's not a wussy sport.... at all. I was five feet away from my best friend who dislocated someone's shoulder when he slide-tackled him, sending him 8 feet up into the air and back down right on his arm... Yeah...

Just For The Record

Region IV Includes (teams listed best by last season's results)

SWD

Graham

Carroll County

Richlands

Tazewell

Piedmont

Martinsville

Tunstall

Magna Vista

Bassett

Highlands

Abingdon

Marion

Virginia High

The other regions are quite well run, with Blacksburg being a notable team we lost to... frown.gif

I wish Grundy would get their own team and be able to get a board. I will never think it'll be as contactful as football, but it takes a unique type of athlete to play.

I'll probably add a soccer forum to the mix when we launch the new swva sports website later this year prior to football season. It's not a big deal to add it, those who don't want to read it don't have to...if it will bring in some more people who don't usually visit here, then it is a welcome addition...not a big deal.

I don't want to get to a point where it's a va preps clone with a ton of forums...that's not the idea...but I do want to help promote the area sports and the kids that play...that's my long term goal here...if it will help the kids out some by helping promote the sport in this area, I think that's important.

Obviously during football season that forum will be very active this coming year...probably more so than we've ever seen after the great year last year...the objective is to continue to grow...the bigger the forums get, the more we can help promote our area kids and help them get to the next level. This place is a lot of fun, but at some point I hope it can really help some kids out in all sports that need it...however that might be.

We have a good thing going here, good group of people. I hope it continues to grow and prosper. It's all still a baby in terms of websites...I've run sites with over 10,000 members before and the more people it gets, the better it will be...one great thing is that it is very specific to our area and it has that hometown hang out type feel to it...unique personality...that's the hardest thing to pull off when you are building a forum or any website really.

Anyway...for now feel free to use the general forum until then. The idea for now is that there will be forums here that are color coded to the specific school...so if you are from Graham it will look like it does now, but Grundy folks will have some blue and gold and Tazewell will have this cool green setup...and you can pick the content you want to view...so if you don't like the soccer forum, not a problem, just unsubscribe to it and you'll never know its here. smile.gif

I will deliver you guys a very cool place to hang out in a couple of months. grin.gif