Moss to join Vick and the Falcons?

The Vikes are looking to shop Moss and word is that Atlanta will make a run at landing Moss. Granted Moss carries baggage, but honestly I think the media overblows the things Moss does. I also think having an owner like Arthur Blank would do Moss good and having a receiver like Moss would be HUGE for Vick.

I think Sunday's Game in Phily proved the fact that Vick is not an elite qback. His arm is not as strong as it needs to be and his accuracy needs improvement. If Moss were to come to Atlanta, I think his productivity would decrease in the offensive scheme Vick likes to work under. Vick needs to understand the West Coast Offense a little better, this would help his ineffectiveness against a quick defense--like Phily and Tampa Bay.

MV needs WR's who can catch the football consistantly, and an offensive scheme that lets him play his game... I despise the West Coast Offense. As for his arm strength...I've seen him throw the ball accross his body 70 yards downfield, off his back foot, hitting his target in stride...how much stronger could his arm get?

Was that against Syracuse? I remember a play like that when he was in college. He was rolling toward the sideline and right before he gets nailed out of bounds, he someone throws the ball across his body, off his back foot, and hits Andre Davis perfectly down the field. Every time someone criticizes his accuracy and arm stregnth, I think of that play.

And wasn't he on a powerade commercial a few years back? I was thinking that was computer generated, but somebody was telling me it wasn't..lol

My guess is that Moss will end up on a team that needs him I.E. Atlanta, maybe even New England, who knows..but the Falcons need him more than anyone, it would kind of be like a two man show with Moss and Vick, the combo would be hard to beat.

Was just wondering where you heard this at i have looked all over the internet and can not find nothing. I remember reading on msn that a newspaper said they may trade him to Arizona. Get back to me i would like to see were you read this at as a vikings fan myself.

I heard it on SportsCenter this morning. And anyone questioning Vick's arm strength simply needs to break out a copy of the Temple game from the 1999 season. The man threw a ball 65+ yards in the air across his body and off his back foot, and he did so making it look so easy. Vick's arm strength isn't an issue, he can throw the ball 40 yards with a simple flick of his wrist. Vick's biggest problem is simply passes being dropped by his receivers. Part of that is Vick needing to learn he doesn't need to throw a bullet pass each time and he has improved in that area.

I've said since Vick's first year in Atlanta that they didn't have reliable enough receivers around him, much like McNabb in Philly until Owens arrived. He doesn't have a down the field play making receiver. If Atlanta ever gets him a serious deep threat you'll see Vick's arm strength isn't an issue.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Sunday's Game in Phily proved the fact that Vick is not an elite qback. His arm is not as strong as it needs to be and his accuracy needs improvement. If Moss were to come to Atlanta, I think his productivity would decrease in the offensive scheme Vick likes to work under. Vick needs to understand the West Coast Offense a little better, this would help his ineffectiveness against a quick defense--like Phily and Tampa Bay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Vick isn't affecting the pro game the same way that he did in college, but I don't think arm strength or accuracy are issues for him.

I think you're onto something with your comment about the defenses, though. My personal take is that he's still having a hard time adjusting to the speed in the NFL.

I think all of his problems stem from the offense. It's kinda like his second year at VT. The coaches tried to make him more of a pocket passer and it got him less impressive numbers and an injury. If you've got a player like that, IMO, you should just let him be himself. Another reciever would def. help though. Peerless is all he's got.

I watched the Falcons game on Tivo and the problem was not Vick, the problem was the line not keeping the defense off him even when they only rushed 3 and dropped 8...and they were dropping 8...the receivers didn't get open and he didn't have any place to run...Falcons as a team played a horrible game...wasn't Vick's fault. The receivers dropped a couple that would have been first downs on third and long to...that will kill a team in itself.