Name the top five players in the SWD soccer this..

carrollfan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

T. payne is playing soccer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he is playing... my cousin told me that some of the players were pissed over it because he came out 2 days b4 the game and got on the team., but lets face it, Payne is a..lets just say..'attitude upgrade' to the Defense wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Nah, I dont think he has played before, but I dare you to step in front of him on the field. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If he hasn't played before, I'm sure the footballers in the SWD won't have too hard of a time stepping AROUND him. He sounds like a typical SWD (richlands imparticular) fullback who is head-hunting instead of thinking about passes and fair challenges and the game in general.

more players need to watch the game on TV and see what it's supposed to look like. i would add "...and to see what stupid decisions and reckless tackles gets you!" but we all know that sometimes you can commit murder on the pitch and the ref might not even blow the whistle. this might be most closely contested district battle yet! besides that, good luck in all of your other matches gentlemen.

Soccer is not about bustin heads and hurtin ppl ...all that kinda stuff shows just how ignorant you are to the game ... soccer is a beautiful sport and all you people mostly from richlands seem to be corrupting this fact

[ QUOTE ]

Soccer is not about bustin heads and hurtin ppl ...all that kinda stuff shows just how ignorant you are to the game ... soccer is a beautiful sport...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said smile.gif. Soccer is known the world over as the beautiful game, but...

[ QUOTE ]

... and all you people mostly from richlands seem to be corrupting this fact

[/ QUOTE ]

... I have to disagree here. One can't pick out any one team and accuse them of "corrupting" the sport. Richlands hasn't had the privelage of sharing in the beautiful game as long as the rest of SWD. It just takes some time and exposure to open people's eyes, that's all. Though, some people will just never understand, all you can do is wait for them to lose interest and move on to something else. Because they surely aren't in the game for the long haul.

Okay this discussion is stupid and irrelavent. The person that made the comment about stepping in from of him on the field isnt from richlands.. much less a fullback from richlands. Besides, payne may play a postion other than full-back.

Well, I think both SWD teams are ready to play already. New athletes are always great, esp. if they have a natural knack of the game. I'll definitely be there to watch, should be down to the wire. Wouldn't be surprised if it went to overtime.

[ QUOTE ]

Soccer is not about bustin heads and hurtin ppl ...all that kinda stuff shows just how ignorant you are to the game ... soccer is a beautiful sport and all you people mostly from richlands seem to be corrupting this fact

[/ QUOTE ]

I can actually partially agree with this. A few fullbacks from Richlands think tackling is the way to play defense. It's not. But not all of us. There are a couple that know how to play... a little more conservatively. Richlands defense is definitely getting smarter. I hope we can really be a force by at least the middle of the season. We're young but we're getting there.

And I take back saying that the Richlands's defense is its strong point. It's defenitely not.... yet.

[ QUOTE ]

Payne is a praticing full back and he is doing at pretty good job at the position imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone had the size and speed that Payne does they could do what he's doing. Yeah, he's aggressive and isn't afraid to lose a limb or two... but he needs to learn to play soccer. Running around like a wild man and kicking anything that comes within five feet of you is not how to play soccer. He has a hell of a lot of potential but he needs to learn up and watch some good players.

Im not from richlands, but i do know payne....and if you can get someone with the attitude like his on the team, sure it CAN hurt you, but 98% time its gonna make other teams think twice about getting in his way, so why dont you richlands players ease up a little, because you are right, he hasnt played before, but you'll be glad you have him against teams like Graham.

Payne has a lot of potential, he just needs to fine tune the skills that make a good fullback. I've been matched up against him a lot, and he's one guy i don't wanna challange for the ball, tried once, and he just shrubed me off like it was nothing... Even if payne gets burned, don't think he's gone, cause the next second he's leaning right into you and getting the ball. But all he needs to do is watch some more experianced fullbacks and learn the skills.