Name the top five players in the SWD soccer this..

carrollfan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatev, man. It is a team sport. It can't be on one person's shoulders to lead the team to victory. That is just insanity to think that one person can make that big of a difference. I see the name Belcher come up a lot. He was a good player, a damn good player at that, but he couldn't have done what he did without the other members of the team. He did have off games too. And what did the team do? They, as a whole, stepped up and worked through his mistakes and such.

You have to have a team. Without a deep bench you loose easily. Having one good player, especially in the SWD will get you nowhere. I think my "pre-season" would be JW Trent, Thomas Belcher, and Francis Tumbokon, but I heard that they aren't playing.

We had one good j.v. player last year that isn't coming back; Connor McCall. We have a forward(Taylor Lindsey) and a midfielder(Romulo Fujardo) that both played j.v. last that should be pretty good. Our entire starting defense has moved up from last year. We've been stopping pretty much anything in practice.

Graham? Yeah, definately. Carroll County, from what I've seen, is a very offensive power while their defense isn't to the same level as their forwards and mids. Don't get me wrong, they are still a great defensive team but the level of their defense is just not to the level of their offense. Tazewell in the last couple has had a pretty good keeper which is what has kept them in the game for so long. But from what I've seen and heard, they are getting better in the offensive side of the game. Richlands is just all around also. They have a strong defense and a strong offense because of one powerhouse named John-Walker Trent. They are going to miss Skippy and Breedlove though. They were players.

I have to disagree with you. Carroll allow less then 20 goals in the regular season. They also have an all state goal keeper. Yes they did give up a lot of goals in the playoffs but they also shut out tazewell and Marion. They only scored around 40 goals in the regular season also.

Pertaining to Richland's defense.....Anyone else notice a trend in what they tended to do to a lot of the players last year? Certain methods of defense are interesting.....but whatever works....but sometimes that may backfire....for every action there is an oppoiste and equal reaction.....