Name the top five players in the SWD soccer this..

carrollfan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the younger Belcher is not very good at all from what i heard....he isnt the fastest guy of all and he only really has heighth to intimidate people....i dont know maybe he worked on his left foot it wasnt very good...and in that point neither was his right foot...

The one he scored on us in double overtime to beat us 1-0 @ graham. He was on the left sided of the field going away from the goal with our sweeper on him. He shot it with his left foot and put it in the far side of the goal. The SWD will miss a player like Nathan.

i didn't think that one was all that great (partly cuz it was against carroll grin.gif haha!). it was saveable IMO. in fact i think the 'keep made a mistake by not smothering the ball while it was at belcher's feet, preventing a shot alltogether. regardless, it was one of the most exciting games of the season.

Graham has one player.... even his own team doesn't lke. I forgot his name, but me and the keeper started talking alot and he told me noone likes him on the team. He was supposed to be good too.

there is one player that not many people like that isnt too good but he can be okay at times its just other times hes an [censored] his name is jonathan pennington...

So after 5 pages of ranting, who really is the top 5 players in the SWD? If only Skippy and Breedlove could've stayed one more year...they'd be State material together along with our main-spirited guys...

Based on last years SWD List and from what I remember.

My Pre-Season pick.. These will more than likely change after the 1st week of games and especially during the Tazewell Soccer Tourney..

1. John Lancaster (CCHS)

2. Francis Tumbokon (GHS)

3. Ian Tinsley (THS)

4. Bill Mercke (GHS)

5. Johnny Gardner (CCHS)

Is Mercke the dude? Hmm.... makes me think lol. You have to include Trent, if you talking about overall talent wise. I remember at the Tazwell Tourney he made a goal from midfield..... scarily good.

Yea most people dont like the Merke kid. His brothers used to be good but really he is nothing like they were. The only one with any kind of skill would be Francis. But you can't have a one man team. And basically thats what its going to look like this year!

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Belcher is left handed to start off right there buddy so I know for a fact that his foot is just fine, he doesn't have the speed that his brother had, because his brother was a reciever in football, but he has a heck of a lot more endurance then his older brother, and can kick just as well, personally i hope you catch one in the face this year from him