Bluefield/Grundy game

beaverbaseball

there is nothing wrong with the trip to Grundy...it's a freakin 4 lane highway and it's a lot less of a trip than to some of the places in NC, KY, and WV you can visit...ever go to Phelps, Matewan, or Yeager????

The only thing that would be bad is having to go the detour route that the mine fire has caused...but if the trip over short's gap is bad, then you have no business playing football...because it's not that bad. Grundy has a pretty nice stadium area to compared to a lot of places...the field has problems at the end of the year when it gets wet, so does Graham's...and even Richlands to some extent.

It ain't that bad, geez. You want curves, take Lee off the schedule and put Hurley on there. grin.gif

I honestly figured this game would be played at Bluefield anyhow, since we play Graham at home this year.

And Lance, I sure hope they have the road opened back up by then, but the way it's looking, it's hard to tell. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

there is nothing wrong with the trip to Grundy...it's a freakin 4 lane highway and it's a lot less of a trip than to some of the places in NC, KY, and WV you can visit...ever go to Phelps, Matewan, or Yeager????

The only thing that would be bad is having to go the detour route that the mine fire has caused...but if the trip over short's gap is bad, then you have no business playing football...because it's not that bad. Grundy has a pretty nice stadium area to compared to a lot of places...the field has problems at the end of the year when it gets wet, so does Graham's...and even Richlands to some extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic about Shortts Gap...but i have seen it have an affect on people who are use to their straight highways....I've taken numerous friends over it from here in lexington..and they thought it was the worst road ever...

This definitely shouldn't be a problem for people from that area though....if it is...like you said..I would have to see them go over deskins down into Council!

You guys act as if Bluefield has never "traveled" anywhere. Trust me, they are very used to long, nasty drives...have any of you ever traveled anywhere in WV??? There are NO good roads in WV...period! Rt. 460 from Bluefield to Grundy is like a major interstate compared to some of the places Bluefield has gone...remember, they did travel to Lee Co. last season...

On the return visit in 2006, I hope the Grundy fans are ready for "laundry night" when they visit the friendly confines of Mitchell. If you don't believe me, just ask the numerous Richlands fans on this board.

[ QUOTE ]

On the return visit in 2006, I hope the Grundy fans are ready for "laundry night" when they visit the friendly confines of Mitchell. If you don't believe me, just ask the numerous Richlands fans on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could actually contribute something to the discussion?

It's really a shame these two teams couldn't have met in 2003 or 2004 when they both had exceptional teams. Not to say that this year will be a down year for either, I just think it would have made a more entertaining match-up.