Top Players in BDD?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Whats your input on the top players comming back this season in the BDD.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bostic's size is what kills him, but his speed makes up for a lot of it though. Tough as crap too. He took some un-Godly hits from Gate City this season, but kept on goin!

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Ill say it is Shane Justice. He got fliped sideways against Twin Valley and still landed on his feet and picked up about 55 more yards. I had a heck of a view from the QB position. lol

I think shane justice is the best player returning in the BDD. He works his butt off in the weight room preparing in the off season. But he cant do it by himself. His surrounding cast needs his work ethic. Him and prater ahve been working pretty hard along with a few others but there are still plenty that needs to be in there. I think that is why he is one of the best in the bdd and why he will be one of the best running backs to come out of hurley: BECAUSE HE HAS THE DESIRE TO BE GOOD. He sees that his accompolisments have come form hard work. He just dont go in the weight room and do curls. He is under that squat rack. that is waht makes him the running back he is. A few more needs to get the desire that justice and prater has. they have done good in the weight room considering they really have no one working with them.........GUYS THATS WHAT ITS GONNA TAKE TO GET TO THE TOP......HOW BAD DO YA WANT IT?

Why does Hurley have all these talented playeres, but they never win more than 4 games a season? Honaker and Hayis both return all Region selections, so I don't think any from Hurley will be the best returning players in the BDD.

THIS GUY WAS ON THE ALL REGION TEAM.......HE WAS FIRST TEAM ALL DISTRICT.......HE HAD 1250 YARDS RUSHING.......DONT BAD MOUTH ANYONE ......I KNOW HURLEY DINT HAVE AS MANY AS HONAKER BUT i KNOW JUSTICE WAS ON THE FIRST TEAM ALL DISTRICT AND LED THE DISTRICT IN RUSHING....

Considering Hurley's offensive focus was nothing more than to put the ball in Justice's hands and let him carry it, I think it speaks a lot of the kids talent to do what he did. All opposing teams had to do was focus on him and stop him and Hurley would not move the ball. Still yet, he managed to have a great year.

Put Justice in Honaker or Haysi, I'd safely bet he would make a run for an All State selection. No matter how dangerous the weapon, a team must have alternate weapons for the primary one to be effective. Granted, I feel that Hurley HAD and will have some good alternatives this year, but the question is: will they be part of the game plan?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yes Justice is the top returning rusher in the BDD, and he did make all state. I think it was second team or somthing like that, but dont hold my word for it. Justice and Prater isnt the only ones been working the butt off in the weight room. What about James Johnson, Justin Hall, Joey May, Josh Justus? And now that the boys who played basketball is starting now and they have the same work ethic. It's just they havent had all the time as the other boys have had due to basketball. And by the way Shane is one of my best friends, but he was the only one who carried the ball. Jonh Rife run the ball maybe 5 times a game and still came out with any where from 30-45 yards a game. If you add that up and he run it 25-30 times a game he would have his 1,000 yards too. And REBELMAN44 Shane didnt do it by himself, what about his line that busted themselfs during practice? Coach Stiltner will tell you that them boys deserve the credit. They had the work ethic. It takes a team, not one man.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

And Shane will be the first to admit it that a team makes the team not one man. He was the best rusher on the team, but the only who one who had over 10 carries a game. He's a great athlete and I cant wait to see what he does this year comming. I know the line will block for him. Now e-one needs to step up.

If you can read correctl i didnt say Justice and prater were the only 2 in the weightroom. I said i know there is a few more in ther besides him. Also i did not say that shane got thse yards himself. I said his work ethic alone is why he has the numbers he does. I know ther are others in the weight room but they dont work as hard as justice and prater. as i said earlier his surrounding cast needs his work ethic. Its a team effort and the ball does need to be spread around more. This will even make him more effective. Hurley has more running backs that are good and can give him a break and set him up. I agree he couldnt have done nohing without his line. AS I MENTIONED EARLIER HE HAS THE BEST WORK ETHIC ON THE TEAM AND IT SHOWS

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Yes he does have a great work ethic, but cant you also agree he was the only one who was giveing the entire oportunity to make himself proved? Im talking about all week during practice E-one was going to be giving the chance to shine and then when gametime came around Nahtan or John Rife ran the ball a couple of times. Not always gettin 10 yard gains, but they could do it. And then it turned around and Shane ran it and even if he didnt get 3-4 yard gains it stayed with him the entire game. AT that time we had Isaac in the lineup, but he only threw the ball3 times a game. And in the first 3 games Isacc maybe threw the ball 7 times and had 2 touchdowns and cercomestantial gains (spell check). All im saying is Shane is a great runner, but who eles had the opportunity as he did? John might of not had it all in the head to be as good, but he could have been just as effective and he didnt get the carries. Shane is a great friend and a person, but if more ppl would have got the ball more he would have been better. But I do know he would get Pi$$ed becase he would run the ball 25 times for 100 yards. He would get mad because his ave. wasent as good as he wanted it to be, but of others would had carried it was much then those 25 carries would have (more likely been) 150 yards insted of 100 yards. I know becasue he would tell me they keyed on him too much. Thats why we cant win over 4 games.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Ill correct myself on something. We was in the redzone too many times and didnt score. Thats one reason we didnt win over 4 games. And the other was we wanted to win, but couldnt becasue sometimes Shane or myself didnt cover the flatts good enough or a running back fumbled or one of our d- players missed a tackle. It wasent one person it was all of us. But by the way things is shaping up this year we will listin to the coached better and block for each other better. So hopfully this year we will know how to win. I think Shane has a great work ethic and alot of us have the same this year. But not meaning anythin in a bad way, but Rebelman44 do you play or just a concernd fan? If you dont play man it wouldnt hurt to get more than 15 out this year becasue we need the help.

I hate to burst anybodys bubble, but the BDD is going to have 2 races, one 2 team race for 1st place (Haysi,Honaker)and another for 3rd (Hurley, Twin Valley) anybody heard any word on Council starting a team back up i heard it a while back havent heard any more about it

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Id hate to burts your bubble, but dont count Hurley out already. Becasue im nt saying we will win the BDD, but dont count us out.

im not counting anybody out, just my opinion, unless more than 15 comes out next year i see the same result for the rebels, maybe next year u guys will get a better draw in the playoffs

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Good point about the numbers. We do need more than 15 players out, but by the way it is looking right now we will have about 20-24 out. If they stick with it. But if I offened anyone ealier in my post I didnt mean too. We have a team and it takes a team effort so if Shane runs it 30 times a ame then I will block for him 30 times a game as long as we win.

If Council starts up a team, Honaker needs to get down on its knees and BEG Region C to take us back(wait, we've done that confused.gif) and Hayis needs to petition to go to the LPD. Either that, our Council just plays an independent schedule. There is no way we, or any other respectable program should be playing Council in football if they do start up a team, I don't care if they are in our district or not.

As for them starting a team, I seriously doubt it. There aren't many boys at Council, and what male athletes they have, they all play basketball. There is no way Goodman will let them play football. Not to mention that they don't have the facilities, room for facilities, or the funds to have a good team. They don't even have a feeder progam. A football team at Council would be a joke.