Who will win SWD next year???

Grundy_30

It will be close between Grundy And Graham. Both teams have a lot of talent returning. Richlands,Tazewell,and CC don't really have a good shot considering they lost some key players.

Just remember, I predicted at the begining of last season, Richlands would win 2 SWD Championships. But from what Ive seen, Richlands could stretch it further. But as for this year, Depth will be a factor, and the Blues will bring depth and skill in all positions.

1 - Richlands. I'm excited about having a strong armed QB with all those tall WR's. Jenning's will be a 1000 yard rusher.

2 - Graham. Carlock won't let them be down for long.

3 - Grundy. Should be higher because of Marcum but the Grundy fans on the board don't seem very optimistic.

4 - Tazewell. Probably should be first or second but the confidence they gained towards the end of last year has turned into extreme cockiness. That kind of attitude is going to bite them hard.

5 - Carroll County. I know very little about what they have. Not many CC fans post here so it's hard to get a feel for them.

Graham lost one lineman that was a starter from last year, and Henderson who played both ways, the starting quarterback, oh yeah that's gonna hurt us haha, and billy napper who was very quick, and jake remines and colin elswicks who were ends so if you want to say i guess three linemen even though they were not used as that very often. Eggelston couldn't play all season, look for the g-men to return to the top next year, you all only get lucky once

Yeah... "lucky"... that's the word. I guess those 16 points we beat Graham by were just from luck, and all 4 district wins were just luck. And I guess the 4 district games Graham lost were just unlucky.

11-2 is luck?

Yeah... ok.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands outscored the SWD 111-26. The closest margin of victory between Richlands and any SWD team was 16 points. That's not luck. It's domination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grahamball, you got ur opinion, which is wrong, but i hate to tell you, BigD just hit you with some stats kid, some very strong stats at that grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

3 - Grundy. Should be higher because of Marcum but the Grundy fans on the board don't seem very optimistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, BigD, we're optimistic, it's just a silent optimism. laugh.gif

We're just sitting back listening to all the Richlands/Tazewell talk, I'm sure more Grundy folks will chime in as we get closer to next season. You're forgetting that most of Grundy is out of town for the state wrestling tournament too, lol.

Grundy is definitely better than the #3 team in the SWD though. Although we lost several key players, I fully believe this Wave team can contend and Garon Marcum will help lead the charge.

Grundy lost a lot on defense, which won them a lot of games last year. They had (in my opinion) the best raw talent player in the area in Garon Marcum last year and barely used him...this year he has to have a line to run behind, and hope they give him the ball more than last year...shouldn't be an issue because there is not another RB on the rise with any sort of skill close to #30...but you know Grundy likes to force the passing game...and that's not a strong point at all with that team.

I dunno...have to see what happens when 2 a days get started...see who makes it through and hope everyone stays healthy. I figure that's what the SWD will come down to next year...whoever keeps the key players heathly the longest will have an edge on the others...could be a 5-5 year for a lot of teams. I'd say Richlands has the head up on everyone just because they have the best feeder program in place...and be no doubt, they have become a football school (again).

[ QUOTE ]

Graham only lost about 6 of their starters. They will be pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, off a team that was probably the worst Graham team in 15 to 20 years. Graham has no tailback, no lineplay on either side and no quarterback prospect (that I can think of). It's Richlands' title to lose.

I hope the Grundy and Beaver matchup goes down as expected. That will leave Grundy with them and Richlands early and the season only to get better after that as we have seen with Richlands facing tough teams early on only helps as the season progresses.

I for one do not think that Grundy's offensive line will be as bad as everyone thinks. The three starts lost two can easily be replaced with Breck being the biggest loss. I look for Josh Lee to step up as a fresh or soph im not for sure his class and Vandyke and Stilter will have lots of experience under their belt. Luke will get the line ready. They may be smaller than ever before but you dont always have to be 6'4 and 330 to block. Blocking is footwork and mentality and Owens will have them ready.

Whats funny is that finally we are the overlooked team and I hope as time goes on we fall deeper and deeper into obscurity. I hope that everyone says over and over on this board how they will destroy Grundy. The team will be young and its finally Garons team. Grundy has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Number 3 team in the district, heck make us 5 lol.

Sorry, no way is Grundy #5 or #3, It will be between Grundy and Richlands( Thats just what Ive seen returning from last year) Tazewell will improve as well with the Wyat Riot.

it will be a race between grundy and richlands. i think grundy can do it if thier offense gives garon the ball, when they have to throw they actually complete the passes, get the lineman to block good, and play some tough D. The offense should be pretty tough to handle, expecially on the ground, but, i dont know if the defense can shut down some of the good ran offenses. but, i guess we will see.

richlands will definatly win the swd championship again. you gotta think that about this whenever they'd put their 2nd string in they still kicked a** and no-one could score on them. by far richlands will finish 1st followed by tazewell, grundy, graham and carroll