SWVA Golf

kave06

[ QUOTE ]

Soccer has about 5 times more players per school than golf does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

Im not hating on golf or anything because I love to play golf. I get a membership every summer to play at the Elks. I just don't think to many people would talk on it if we had a forum

There may not be a lot of posters on the board that play golf for their high school, but I guarantee you that a number of posters play golf for fun. Besides, the powers that be on the board are golf people much more so than soccer (crazy.gif), so I'd watch my step...lol wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

true but how many people on here play on a golf team for there school? prolly not that many

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of at least two RHS alumni on this board who lettered in golf back in the day. One of them is yours truly. The other isn't.

[ QUOTE ]

There may not be a lot of posters on the board that play golf for their high school, but I guarantee you that a number of posters play golf for fun. Besides, the powers that be on the board are golf people much more so than soccer (crazy.gif), so I'd watch my step...lol wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well like i said before lol i love to play golf and i really don't like soccer but i don't dislike it. but if you all think it would get some action as a forum then go for it

while we're at it i would also like to see a water polo forum.... very overlooked sport around here!!! cool.gif

well a golf forum would be cool....but i dont think itd get much attention either

The golf board on VA Preps doesn't see a lot of conversation and that board is for golf state wide in A, AA, and AAA. So I wouldn't imagine a forum for SWVA golf would be any good if a state wide golf board isn't.

[ QUOTE ]

while we're at it i would also like to see a water polo forum.... very overlooked sport around here!!! cool.gif

well a golf forum would be cool....but i dont think itd get much attention either

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on.... The only thing that could possibly be more exciting than playing golf, watching golf, and/or talking about golf would be posting about golf on an Internet message board.

Don't try to tell me that there are that many competing options for entertainment in SWVA.

cool.gif

I think there should be a golf forum. While we're at it maybe we can get forums for horseshoes, croquet, and badminton? How about curling? wink.gif Seriously, why don't we just have a forum for "Other Sports"?

Well said B_R!!!

The GOLF BUSINESS is my REAL JOB, so I don't think any of you are more serious about golf than me. Not only is it my real job, but it is also my "part-time" job as well in helping out with the Blue Ridge Junior Golf Tour on many fronts, and I did, at one time, coach the Graham golf team...we went from worst in the SWD (not counting Grundy) to a very close #2 to Carroll Co. My team made the Region tournament for the first time in over ten years. I gave up the job to do my (this) website, www.SWVAFootball.com...Todd Baker took over and did a great job with the team over the next three seasons.

I would be all for a "Golf Forum" however, I don't think it would get that much action and therefore wouldn't be worth the effort to start one.