Abingdon & JSB Football coach

OFISHBB

yeah-vaught lives in abingdon, and knows a ton of football -but, i did hear that he would NEVER be hired in wash. county - something about "burning your bridges" - but those are just rumors. anyways, good luck to the new coaches of both schools - they will probably need it !!

How about Rick Boucher? He lives in Abingdon.

Better still... How about Boucher takes over the gridiron position at AHS and Dennis Vaught takes over as 9th District Congressman. I'd bet you wouldn't be able to tell a lick of difference. With the Congressional gig, anyway.

Henderson, who is now living in Abingdon will be the Principal at John Battle next year and will reunite some of the former cult at RHS to coach, namely Brian Johnson, Richie Thomas, Ronnie Davis, and Dennis Palmer to coach the Trojan football team next year!

on a serious note - jimmy king will be the principal, so he will have a big say in who gets hired - but as for who would apply for that job - i couldn't even guess. the last guy they hired never played football, much less coached football, so anything can happen there. that would be a tough place to coach - i bet battle hasn't won more than 20-25 games in the last 15 years !!

I hear it might be Mike Locke or Central's old coach John Thompson. But they might wait until they hire a full time principal at both places. wjo is the top 2 or three at Abingdon? confused.gif

mike locke and ray gregory are the final 2 - school board will vote on march 21st - also, it is rumored that ahs and jsb will also be hiring new boys basketball coaches for next year - and as far as the full time principals, the interim principals at both schools will be the new principals - perrigan @ ahs, and king @ jsb

What about the principals jobs at Holston and PHHS? do you have any insight on those jobs? What about the lady who was the principal at JSB? As for AHS their former Principal is working in the central office. I say that Johnson guy will be the top man at AHS.

I thought this was funny..so I have to post about it. I read on the CD forum that fromer Lee High and current Thomas Walker coach Brian Lee, could be going to John Battle to coach. Anyone heard about this one? His greatest accomplishment that I know of in coaching, is taking a poor performing TW football team and turning them into a halfway decent team, other than that I don't know what JSB would see in him.