Bluefield has posted its Schedule on the WVSSAC...

edrforshey

web site. An it only has 8 games like everyone was worried about them having. They have until Oct. 1st to find games and for them to count in the WVSSAC Playoff Ratings.

BLUEFIELD

Senior Football Schedule

8 Events

1 08/26/05 A GRAHAM -

2 09/02/05 A PRINCETON -

3 09/16/05 A GRUNDY -

4 09/23/05 A OAK HILL -

5 10/07/05 H SHADY SPRING -

6 10/14/05 H MT. VIEW -

7 10/21/05 A HERBERT HOOVER -

8 10/28/05 H JAMES MONROE -

wins: 0 lost: 0 ties: 0

http://www.wvssac.org/new_site/wvssac_website/html/sportsschedules.asp

Bluefield has plenty of time to find another game or two and hopefully they will. I'd say they'll have to go out of state or somewhere further north to find another opponent though. A nine game schedule wouldn't hurt them, it hasn't in the past.

Iaeger is like a number of schools around the area and state, they schedule for success. In other words, they schedule as many weaker teams as they can so that they may possibly make the playoffs. Besides, playing Iaeger wouldn't benefit Bluefield much in my opinion just as playing someone like a PikeView or Summers County wouldn't really benefit them either. Although, Iaeger has had a better program than those two, but the Cubs have slipped back in recent years.

In my opinion they're just going to have to realize they're going to have to compromise some to schedule a 9th or 10th game. Not in quality of team, in convenience.

They'll have to travel or negotiate with a team to travel, such as moorfield. It's not as if they don't have "any" options.

When is graham's date without a game?

I believe those teams that Bluefield contacted with available, mutual open dates which turned Bluefield down weren't so much worry about 2005 as they were 2006. Remember, the majority of contracts are two-year deals. Most of what Bluefield will put on the field next year will be young talent that will be back in 2006...

Can anybody tell us Grundy fans how many players you all graduated last year and what to expect. I dont know any of your players but I was told your QB was good last year as Garon went up and watched you guys battle with Weir but I dont know anything else. I was told you graduated a lot of players on both sides of the ball but you all can fill us in. We lost a ton of players too.

We lost 17 starters. We return two offensive linemen on offense (Hutchinson and Albert) along with two defensive linemen (Steptoe and Carter) and a linebacker (Albert) on defense. We have some very talented young kids, but obviously they'll be inexperienced and will have growing pains. Realistically, I think the playoffs are well within reach, but not a guarantee. Plus, there are many rumors of a number of kids wanting to transfer to Bluefield and play in the new offense scheme. So it'll be hard to get a real handle on what to expect next season until two-a-days start in August and we see who is on the field.

[ QUOTE ]

Plus, there are many rumors of a number of kids wanting to transfer to Bluefield and play in the new offense scheme

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that will happen, most people are all talk..

But what is the "offensive scheme suppose to be"?

The offensive scheme you saw last year with a 2000+ yard QB, a 1000-yard receiver, another receiver over 700 yards, and three tailbacks with at least 450 yards each. The offense that Simon Jr. runs allows a number of kids to shine and standout, which is what is attractive to many people. Plus, the fact they could come in and seriously compete for a state title.

[ QUOTE ]

I think two (family members) are very likely at this point. They aren't happy where they are now and I was told they actually wanted to transfer to Beaver last summer, but were talked out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing u are talking about the twins from p-town wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Preferbly QB

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, we have a very capable QB now. He's young, but I believe with dedication and time he'll prove to be very good.

[ QUOTE ]

so is bluefield like the C-burg of football?? getting transfers??

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has lost enough transfers to Princeton and Graham over the years to put together an all-state team. Last season is the first time I can recall (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Bluefield got a transfer (John Repass) from another area school, which played a significant role on the field. Maybe our karma is changing now, we'll start reaping the benefits of a transher here or there.

[ QUOTE ]

Im guessing u are talking about the twins from p-town

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying a word...

[ QUOTE ]

Trust me, we have a very capable QB now. He's young, but I believe with dedication and time he'll prove to be very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree with you on this. I think he will do a pretty good job at QB next season and he will improve by his mistakes