RHS BB COACH

realtrueblue

Actually im almost positive he is giving both up...rumor has it he is gettin a Principal position sumwhere in the Southwest virginia. Dont take my word but i heard that a couple weeks ago.

They should give it to someone with inside knowledge of the program during its glory days. Someone who directly contributed greatly to that success. Someone who really knows the x's and o's of hoops.

There's really only one solid choice when you think about it:

Tommy Owens.

I think that the best bet would either to get Fred Phillips in as head coach. He would make sure that they would win. Or they need to get Lee Walker, (the assistant coach at Graham) To run the team. Those would be your best bet for Richlands.

Richlands Alum must have some inside information that the rest of us don't! How can Tazewell County Schools afford Terrell if the Eagles can't afford him? What are his credentials as a basketball coach? Did he even play basketball at Chattanoga? Does he have family here? Will he use any of his 9.6 Million signing bonuus to put a wood floor in RMS? What about his problems with Donovan McNabb? Will he be able to get along with AD Sanders Henderson? I just don't believe that Mr. Sharpee will get along in Richlands shaking little girl's pon-poms!!!

I think them to boys are kin. But I feel the right man for the job at RHS would be that PE teacher who just retired from RMS and his Asst. could be the guy who used to teach history at RMS & RHS he is retired too. They both have time for coaching now. And at one time I think they were on the inside of the RHS BB program. What do unzes think of that?

Fishy, Do you mean Luigi Pearleaknee and Jon Alltiger? They both were teachers at RMS. I think they coached baseball together in the 1960's at RHS but I doubt either of them have the energy or desire to start all over coaching basketball.

No not them two. I think one is named charmon and the other is named harbie. Both of them have alot of expirence coaching ( From the stands) Lets get them on the bench and LETS TURN THIS BB Program around at RHS. Oh by the way cents the gym is named for Ms. Milliey Acre and cents Mr . Rife is not going to coach Lets name the floor after him or get somebody to mop the floor at RMS. Someone needs to ask the Taz CO SB to help do that. grin.gif

Fishy - I think you have been watching too many 1970's reruns on the TV Land Channel on your Satellite. What has Mr. Whipple and a flower powered Volkswagen got to do with basketball? But come to think of it, you must be watching the 80's decade on MTV when you bring up Milli Vanilli! Come to think of it, maybe them two dudes with the dreads might want to hoop it up at RMS. At least they could sing the National Anthem!

Doggoneit, FAT back I say it is the guys one who started the new dance craze called the Lebanon shuffle and the other was the guy in the 1960s english band. They had a big hit Hard days night.

Hey Fishy - Something smells here! Is it a dead codfish or is it smelly gym shorts? Are we talking bands or basketball coaches here? You must be a genius with charades and riddles because you have confused forum readers so much that we have no idea who or what you are talking about! The only recollection I have of the Lebanon Shuffle was a mid-80's dance craze that was popular at the infamous slime bash partys held in the greater Richlands area. The choreographer or originator of this 1/2 moon walk and 1/2 flat foot escapes me but I think the fellow was Rodney Altizer, who was a teacher at RMS. The other chap you refer to escapes me, but if he is of English origins or roots, I am sure that he still has the Brit's dialect and is probably easily identified. What instrument did he play? The song you refer to is a Beetle's classic and I am sure if Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney were residing in Richlands, we would all be cognizant of his presence. Are you sure he wasn't a Rolling Stone? a Zombie? a Herman's Hermit? a Yardbird? If he was a child of the sixties, did he play basketball or was he a soccer player???

Fatback, I think you have hit the nail on the head. The one guy people says looks like Ringo and was a war ball whiz at RMS for years. The other one was at RMS for years in the history Dept. then moved tothe RHS history Dept. He is on the road now taking the Leb shuffel all over SWVA. And back to Bloody Harlen Co KY. I just hope the powers to be at RHS at least gives these two guys a chance. The former is a big KY fan and he knows the ole KY 1-3-1 give and go , and what the other one knows has gone and went. grin.gif

Tell me you are kidding Fish Bones??? You mean the guy looks like Ringo or does he have ring around the collar? As far as the shuffler, he is on the road selling KY jelly or he has relocated to Bloody Harlen? Is he at a Joe B. Hall basketball camp learning the 1-3-1 give and go? Fishy; you must know something that you are not telling! Spit it out--what's going on?