hey lance......

mhsalum

i'm assuming u have a good source on those enrollment numbers u gave....but martinsville's enrollment went up by 60 some students??? not really sure how that is possible considering the way the numbers have continually shrunk. maybe we got a few kids as a result of the county's recent consolidation?!?! those numbers are certainly a shocker to me......anyhow i think the bottom line again though is that even though it may seem that it's easier to first make the playoffs in region iv, the numbers game always comes back and bites us in the end. prime example being back in the 1998-2000 era, mhs had teams good enough to make a run at the d3 title...but b/c their enrollment in region 4 placed them in d4 (as they would've been d3 if they were in any other reion), they had to run up against the salem juggernaut. it's now becoming a broken record...something needs to be done to even the playing field.

well from what I understand those are correct numbers from the vhsl...and they include 9-12 enrollment figures. I have no reason to believe they are not correct...vhsl takes forever to update anything on the website, and these are the 2005-2006 numbers they are going with, or at least thats what I was told.

People can say what they want but I am 99% sure that some of those numbers are very very wrong. I have a question. Why were those numbers just released anyways? If thats the case the could be low due to drop outs, graduation, transfers or anything. I think a random date should be selected by the VHSl to go to everyone of these schools and personally get the enrollement sheets for all of these schools.

I agree with the man about Salem. What is the enrollement to be classified AAA? Ah when I went to grundy we made it to the state semi finals only to face Amherst County. Yeah Amherst County. I am pretty sure they a powerhouse in AAA now. We lost to them and I think they won state and then the next season were AAA. That sucked. Then in 11th grade we made it to semis only to face that same Salem team your talking about and lost to them. Then a few years back in Semis Grundy lost to Liberty Bedford. So Grundy definitely knows what your talking about.

[ QUOTE ]

People can say what they want but I am 99% sure that some of those numbers are very very wrong. I have a question. Why were those numbers just released anyways? If thats the case the could be low due to drop outs, graduation, transfers or anything. I think a random date should be selected by the VHSl to go to everyone of these schools and personally get the enrollement sheets for all of these schools.

I agree with the man about Salem. What is the enrollement to be classified AAA? Ah when I went to grundy we made it to the state semi finals only to face Amherst County. Yeah Amherst County. I am pretty sure they a powerhouse in AAA now. We lost to them and I think they won state and then the next season were AAA. That sucked. Then in 11th grade we made it to semis only to face that same Salem team your talking about and lost to them. Then a few years back in Semis Grundy lost to Liberty Bedford. So Grundy definitely knows what your talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amherst is still AA...but they should be AAA.