Change to Bluefield's Schedule!

Beavers

Bluefield and Graham will play twice this year. The second date will be on September 30. It should make for a couple of exciting games. This now gives Bluefield 9 games and Graham 10.

[ QUOTE ]

I Think it is a great idea if it is true

[/ QUOTE ] How would that be a great idea?Thats stupid!

there should only be 1 beaver-graham game. Because its all for bragging rights. If you tie in those 2 games. You have no bragging rights! its stupid

I still dont think its true though

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard this a while back...would not surprise me...bad move for Graham to play a team they can't beat once, twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things could be different this year... shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I Think it is a great idea if it is true

[/ QUOTE ] How would that be a great idea?Thats stupid!

there should only be 1 beaver-graham game. Because its all for bragging rights. If you tie in those 2 games. You have no bragging rights! its stupid

I still dont think its true though

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me...if anyone should know I think "Beavers" would DEFINITELY know for sure...

[ QUOTE ]

From what I know Bluefield was going to play Graham twice last year until they were able to pick up Martinsburg during the late summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was discussed last season but was not a definite thing...both teams continued looking for other opponents...Bluefield picked up Martinsburg and Graham ended up getting Princeton...

i don't think this will happen either... how can it? i mean, i know they can play each other twice and all, but come on - this is THE BEAVER - GRAHAM game. if this game is played twice, for some reason i think it would take away from it's meaning. this is not JUST a game, it is an annual event... the biggest event. i know how it affected me, and if i was a player and had to go through that twice in one season - geeeezzzzz...... talk about an emotional roller coaster.

[ QUOTE ]

Well I didnt believe it at first but now I heard from a really reliable resource that there will be 2 beaver/graham games this season

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm telling you..."Beavers" is as reliable as it gets on this board concerning Bluefield's football team...there is/was no reason to doubt his post...

[ QUOTE ]

Ed,

Correct me if wrong, but only one of the games against Graham (the first one) would count toward the playoff ratings in the WV system correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be so sure about that...Greater Beckley Christian played Harts twice last season (during the regular season) and both games counted toward the WVSSAC ratings.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm telling you..."Beavers" is as reliable as it gets on this board concerning Bluefield's football team...there is/was no reason to doubt his post...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, theres a good side to this! we can get wasted twice, paint our body twice, celebrate twice

But there is only 1 beaver-graham frown.gif

In my opinion it will seem odd if a 2nd game is scheduled, but when the week of a 2nd bluefield graham game rolls around and the anticipation and fun builds again, people will likely be very enthusiastic about it, especially when the parking lot starts filling up early friday.

It's certainly a w w situation with the gates.

in the WVSSAC playoff ratings.

It's rule #7 in the Football Rating Plan.

Each school's entire schedule of football games,(see exception in number 12,)(However this exception no longer exist in the WVSSAC Rating Plan) exclusive of those played against Junior varsity opponents, scheduled prior to October 1st and within the seasonal limits shall be counted in the Rating Plan.

However, should a high school team compete two(2) times during a given season with the same school, points for both games shall be counted in the Rating Plan(may involve only one(1) team and two(2) games in a season.

So If Bluefield wins both games they would get 18 rating points, plus any bonus points from Graham. Bluefield would only be getting 1 bonus point per win, not two.

If Bluefield wins either game they would get 9 rating points, plus any bonus points from Graham.

If Bluefield would lose both games against Graham they would get 0 rating points, and have no chance of any bonus points from Graham.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Well I didnt believe it at first but now I heard from a really reliable resource that there will be 2 beaver/graham games this season

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So im guessing "beavers" must be coach simon right? lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So im guessing "beavers" must be coach simon right? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not... wink.gif