7 01/14/06 H LOGAN - WON 59-52

8 01/17/06 A SHADY SPRING - WON 69-64

9 01/20/06 H MT. VIEW - WON 64-61 OT

10 01/21/06 A SUMMERS CO. - WON 63-38

11 01/24/06 A LIBERTY RALEIGH - WON 76-40

12 01/27/06 A PRINCETON - LOST 52-50

13 01/28/06 H JAMES MONROE - WON 87-56

14 01/31/06 A MT. STATE COAL @ Beckley (v. PikeView 7pm) - WON 58-39

15 02/02/06 A MT. STATE COAL @ Beckley (v. Wyoming East/The Officials in Class AA Coal Classic Championship) - LOST 71-65 OT

16 02/07/06 H SHADY SPRING - WON 81-65

17 02/11/06 H LIBERY RALEIGH - WON 82-45

18 02/14/06 H SUMMERS CO. - WON 71-44

19 02/17/06 A MT. VIEW - LOST 79-63

20 02/18/06 A LOGAN - LOST 79-78 OT

21 02/24/06 H PRINCETON - WON 65-57

22 02/25/06 H OAK HILL - WON 55-43

FINAL REGULAR SEASON RECORD: 17-5

POSTSEASON

3/3/06 Sectional Championship Game versus PikeView/James Monroe winner (@ Princeton Senior High)

3/9/06 Regional Championship Game versus Region 7, Section 1 Champion (@ Princeton Senior High)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still miss the Beckley-Bluefield basketball games. There have been some good ones over the years. I wish there was a way to dump a couple of those weak conference schools and get them back on the schedule.

As I said on the other board though, it is good to see Bluefield back in the Coal Classic. That should be interesting against the Wyoming County teams.

Bluefield will have the talent next year that is for sure, but from watching them last year they must have major improvement in two areas. 1. Stop taking all of those outside shots and take the ball to the basket and establish an inside game. 2. Play better defense. The Bluefield defense last season wasn't like the defense of some of the past teams.

If Bluefield can get those two things down, AA better watch out.

There is no doubt Bluefield must improve defensively. If anyone read my comments over the course of last season they know I called last year's team the worst defensive team at Bluefield in a decade or so. That's the area first and foremost that improvement must occur. If the defense improves and gets back to the defense Bluefield has been known for everything else will take care of itself.

I believe Bluefield has the chance at being among the top 3 if not one of the top 2 teams in AA b'ball next yr

however as things have been pointed out, there is much work for them to do

i believe if they can get down some of the things mentioned by posters above then as been said AA better watch out

the Bluefield that Westside faced in Charleston was not the Bluefield im use to hearing about and hearing others talk about, i was really disappointed, but i know if they work on these things they will be dangerous

i think the CC will be an interesting one this yr

with 3 of the best out of AA being involved in it along with Pikeview it should be interesting

i just wonder who will end up against who?

seems as if both Westside/Bluefield and Wyo. East/Bluefield have a nice rivalry going on

could be interesting

best of luck to the Beavs next yr!

• 5 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Did Graham beat Bluefield last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im confused by which sport your talking about.

If your refering to football then no, bluefield beat graham 49-21 i believe it was

If your talking about basketball then yes, we played them twice and i believe they won both games...

• 4 weeks later...

This game is a little over 2 weeks away at graham middle i suppose it where it will be played.

anybody know the starting lineup for bluefield?

or who will win

This is who i tihnk will be starting

Dexter Moore

Treymane Matthews

Kyle Hammond

Jon Payne

Reese, dont know his last name

Score

Bluefield-68

Graham-56

[ QUOTE ]

I think Bluefield will take this one

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure. Two of the worst officiated games I've seen in my life were the last two years when Beaver played at Graham. Last year's game was nowhere as bad as the previous year, but it was still horribly ugly. Don't be surprised to see Graham play them close or win it if the officiating is as lopsides as the previous two years. Touch-fouls on one end were called, yet on the other muggings were allowed. It was a joke...

i know all to well about how bad the officiating can get at Graham in a ball game.

now dont get me wrong i'm not try to take nothing away from the team back in 2002-2003 seaosn that was at Graham, but in WS's first yr, WS went down there to play them (they had Bradshaw and Matthews on that team), Westside had a 10pt leading going in at halftime, came out second half and some of the most bizare calls i've seen in my time was called, touch fouls and all, shoot i believe we got fouls for looking at somoene wrong...lol

anyways we ended up losing by 10pts, of course later in the season they came to WS and it was a much better contest, that saw Bradshaw hit a buzzer ending 3 pt shot from the top of the key to have Graham win the game by 1pt, but the game was a more competitive game and a game called better than what was at Graham

[ QUOTE ]

i think the CC will be an interesting one this yr

with 3 of the best out of AA being involved in it along with Pikeview it should be interesting

[/ QUOTE ] Pikeview isn't too good this year, our varsity scrimmaged them in 6 quarters n we won somethin like 130-90. They don't play good defense and cant make the contested shots.