Bluefield's 2005/2006 Basketball Schedule

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking someone saw/heard "Oak Hill" was on the schedule and assumed it was THE Oak Hill Academy...Oak Hill is on the schedule but its the Oak Hill in Fayette Co., WV. I don't know why everyone thinks playing Oak Hill Academy is such a big deal. Their Red Team is no better than a good high school team. Graham has played them several times of the past few years and has beaten them a few times. As B_R says, it is NOT the Gold Team...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i think the CC will be an interesting one this yr

with 3 of the best out of AA being involved in it along with Pikeview it should be interesting

[/ QUOTE ] Pikeview isn't too good this year, our varsity scrimmaged them in 6 quarters n we won somethin like 130-90. They don't play good defense and cant make the contested shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know Pikeview isnt any good, Westside plays them on a yearly basis, at our place then at there's and we normally beat them pretty solid (actually wish we'd drop them) that's why i said 3 of the better teams in AA and Pikeview.

but since this posting i've found out that Westside is not playing the Coal Classic, we've been pulled from the Classic

Wyo. East/Bluefield/Liberty Raleigh/Pikeview are the teams invovled in it now.

if you ask me Bluefield is the team to beat in the Classic now, Liberty ® and Pikeview dont have much and i really considered Wyo. East to be a threat until here recently they have been bitten by the injury bug before the season has even gotten started, Guard Steven Gamallo is out for the season with a tare to his ACL and G/SF Nick Rezzonico was recently in a accident that nearly killed him (from what i've been told) and tore half of his ear off and he is questionable for the season, they say if he gets to play it wont be until half way through the season...so things for Wyo. East arent looking to good this season

so as i said the team to beat in the Coal Classic right now is Bluefield and i dont see no one that can do that, i think for the first time in a few yrs the AA Coal Classic title will be coming home with the Bluefield Beavers!

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Does Bluefield now play all their home games At BSC or are some of them at the high school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Graham, Logan, Princeton, and Mount View to accomdation potential large crowds. The other home games, which aren't many, are played at the high school. I believe I counted the other day and Bluefield only plays 9 of their 22 scheduled regular season games at home.

Im tired of going to bluefield state just to watch bluefield play. They need to make the gym bigger. They have all that area towards the football field and lower parking lot to do it also...It will cost money, but in the long run im sure its alot cheaper to do that than to play bsc for using the court...

[ QUOTE ]

Im tired of going to bluefield state just to watch bluefield play. They need to make the gym bigger. They have all that area towards the football field and lower parking lot to do it also...It will cost money, but in the long run im sure its alot cheaper to do that than to play bsc for using the court...

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like it would be cheaper for Graham to build its own football stadium instead of "renting" Mitchell Stadium...yeh, right. It would cost MILLIONS to make the Bluefield gym bigger...and they don't pay that much to use the BSC gym. They would be better off to build a new high school with a larger gym than to renovate/expand the current gym.

There has been a number of bonds voted down in the past that would have provided air-conditioning for Bluefield High as well as a new state-of-the-art gym. However, the people of Princeton and PikeView kids have those things so why should they vote increase their taxes so that Bluefield will have the same? It's not going to happen. People in those areas hate Bluefield for obvious reasons...

Montcalms high school is like 2 years old...

Im sure we were in the same situation when that was built

Bluefield high school where its located now has been there for over 50 years....has princeton or Pikeview high school been there that long?

[ QUOTE ]

Montcalms high school is like 2 years old...

Im sure we were in the same situation when that was built

Bluefield high school where its located now has been there for over 50 years....has princeton or Pikeview high school been there that long?

[/ QUOTE ]

The current Montcalm High opened in the early to mid 1980s ('84 I believe). The current Princeton High opened about that same time as Montcalm did and PikeView opened in 1994. The current Bluefield High opened in 1957...

• 2 weeks later...