Region IV semi-finals in softball

The blues played a great game today but came up short. They were in the hole all day. I don't like to use umpires as an excuse but it was terrible called game. Renia had to throw it down the middle. The umpire would not give corners or knees. It was a shame Richlands had the better team. Good luck to those seniors. In the second game Dan River went through the motions to beat Va High. If Dan River had played like they did aganinst Tazewell they would have won by ten runs. Va high scored their runs off throwing errors. Dan River has a good team with alot of speed. I guess Va High figured out they wasn't playing Northwood today.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess Va High figured out they wasn't playing Northwood today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and I guess Richlands figured out they weren't playing Honaker or Haysi! smirk.gif Don't knock Nwood, they're a pretty good team.

Richlands played pretty well yesterday. They diffinatly played good enough to win the game. We hit the ball good but it just didn't have eyes all day long. Time after time we would hit it hard but right at somebody. Tunstall was clutch when they had to be and got a couple of big hits that jumped them out to a 4-0 lead.

As far as the umps go, the one behind the plate was very inconsisant,especially in the middle innings when Tunstall scored their runs. He was very tight for the Richlands pitcher but he was calling up and down, and the black for the Tunstall pitcher. There was also a couple of tight plays out on the bases but I believe everytime the ump got it right. No excuses there.

Still it was a great played game between two evenly matched teams. Congrats to Tunstall and good luck at State.

Great year by the Lady Blues. Keep your heads up and do it again next year.

The little league sure didn't help this time for the blues,they got smoked at tun.high school.It doesn't matter if you get beat by 2 or 200 you still lose,you should show some class,telling someone shut up is not a good thing.You have to much going for yourself,so hold your head high and be proud of your career at RHS.Its time to move to a different level. Oh by the way city of raven, no one cares if you have any class or not.

Its still consider Wittle Weague,win a state title in High School Sports then you can bragggg,and have ever reason in the world to do so,and this year showed the difference between the two dudieeee. smile.gifsmile.gif

No one from Richlands has said anything about little leauge softball... only people from Tazewell. No one said "well at least we won little league." And no one has been bragging on here, either.