Drug Testing High School Athletes

GrundyWinsAll

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Extra activities such as ?

Cause band is an extra activity, so is beta club, as are all the clubs pretty much. That would pretty much cover most of the students....

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I would consider band to be drug tested

Because you know u could run out of breath blowing on that tuba if u smoke the dope lol

[ QUOTE ]

This area will lose a lot of great athletes if drug testing is takin into action. If we decided to test everyone, it would both hurt and help the image of our rinky-dink corner of VA also at the same time. Because from one end, people see that the counties are doing something about drugs in schools, but from the other end, students and maybe even some teachers would fail the tests.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea would not be to deter kids who use drugs from playing sports... It would be to deter kids who play sports from using drugs.

Sadly...given the choice, people who have that sort of problem...which one do you honestly think they would chose?

There was a doccumentary on HBO called Drug Sick Love or something like that...followed these 3 couples from just starting to use crack all the way to ending up homeless in NY and on the streets...it's a messed up show...they should make everyone watch that...it would do the trick...brutal show.

[ QUOTE ]

This area will lose a lot of great athletes if drug testing is takin into action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do the majority of great athletes use drugs? Do you have evidence of this or is it a generalization on your part?

Those who fail a drug test should be suspended from sports for a limited period and set toward a path of rehabilitation.

Any how, best athletes or not, the games can be played with them or without them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This area will lose a lot of great athletes if drug testing is takin into action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do the majority of great athletes use drugs? Do you have evidence of this or is it a generalization on your part?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of the best Athletes around here do smoke Pot. It might not be one of the major drugs like crack and stuff but ITS STILL A DRUG, and I think drug testing would stop alot of Athletes from taking drugs

Yes, alot of our good athletes in this area do drugs. The fact is that nobody but the student can choose to do drugs, or to not do drugs. It is an invasion of privacy and can kids be drug tested without their parents permission?

Drug testing is a bad idea. Marijuana is one of the few drugs that stays in the system for a long period of time. Kids could just start doing harder drugs that can only be detected for about 5 days after they take it and stop using for the days before the test. I should know... I smoke rocks.

Alright, here. A kid smokes weed one night for his first time and doesn't like it and it shows up on a drug test and he gets punished. I don't think it's right for him to be punished for 1 mistake if he didn't even like it and wasn't going to do it anymore. Cocaine only stays in somebody's system for 2 days. The kids that smoke weed daily would either clean up or go on to something heavier if these drug tests were enforced. It really is a bad idea. It's a big invasion of privacy and that's just wrong. And yes bluekick, rocks are great tongue.gif

Good Luck Mercer County.

I think the testin is a good idea, i dont care wat kind of drug you are doing or if you didnt even like it, it was your choice for doing it in the first place and you would then have to take responsibility for it. Plus, if you are on harder drugs, you most likely arent gonna want to play any sports after school anyways, you would rather go home and shoot up or w/e.