Coeburn has big night, but South falls 9-7...

Bluefield_Rules

the 'hit' mr rider speaks of was indeed helmet to helmet and cooper had a head of steam, rusty didnt but he still asssisted in the tackle, but whats more impressive is coeburn whom may have had a slight concussion still played, finished and WON the game...lol..as for crow's hit, i dont recall it but anyone regardless of size can be blindsided and ive said it 100 times..id take coeburn over cooper ANY day of the week

That's your opinion, but it's too bad RRod didn't see it like that. Also BluefieldRules, don't even try to make jokes. I know Coop and played at Weir w/ him. You just follow Coeburn around and try to pass his accomplishments off as your own. How can you even try to say that when you started a thread on multiple boards just on Coeburn, not on the game alone. Like I said, I just tell it like it is. Other Bluefield fans think he's a good player, but they aren't obsessed w/ him as you are. I also think it's funny when someone said I can't give credit to a player from another team when you BR tried to question Garon Marcum's talent and made the statement before the kid stepped on the field for his senior year that he wasn't a D1 RB. You're a hypocrite and I hope he puts up 200+ on you this year and then comes and throws it in your face. However, I doubt he'd do that b/c he shows class and does his talking on the field. Good luck this season and I hope there will be another meeting between Weir/Bluefield this year. Tom, you didn't see the hit b/c you don't have a copy of the game yet LOL.

i seen the hit through my steiner binos..clearly, CLEARLY helmet to helmet, you could even hear a 'pop' and if i remember correctly, it even stunned 'the' coop and he sorta stood straight up..NOW THEN !!!...lol

i remember the hit... Rusty did get rattled and sent out of the game for a little bit. i remember it because everyone in the stands was looking around in shock like - what do we do now??? that hit shook Rusty for most of the game, and having our leader down and out like that made everyone else play down and out. but all it took was a little "MO" on our side to get things back in order. i thought it was a good game and we would make good plays all the way through, but our boys got their ass handed to 'em for much of it... that is, until the wake up call -- the greatest 4th down offensive play calling you've ever seen from a team that is pounding it straight down the field. i can see him drawing it up in the dirt ... float this one out into the flats - we are WEIR, they can'd do nothing but watch us..... HAHAHAHA!!! my how things can change on one play. i was on the sidelines for the end of the game and for OT. when it was all said and done, and we all went running onto the field like crazed idiots, Davis was the one i went nuts on. man, that was the craziest game ever!!!

Trust me when I say NONE of the players wanted that play to be called and even argued it in the huddle. The players on the team also didn't think they could do no wrong. That is why they wanted to play it safe and put away the game running the ball and grinding out the clock. Bluefield showed a lot of resilience, but for a coach to jeapordize an entire season of hard work those guys put in is ridiculous. Weir had great success on the ground the whole game and I honestly don't know what possessed him to call a pass out to the flats. He might have been thinking he would catch the Bluefield D sleeping, but it was still a horrible call. If they would have given either Cooper or Josh Smith the ball, I have a lot of confidence that either one of them would have got the 2-3 yards needed for the first down. Even if they didn't, there is no way Bluefield is driving down the field twice in 2:30 but that game is over and all the Weir players can do is look towards this coming season.

[ QUOTE ]

BR tried to question Garon Marcum's talent and made the statement before the kid stepped on the field for his senior year that he wasn't a D1 RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your facts straight RedRider, I never questioned the Marcum that plays running back's ability. I questioned his brother's ability last summer when people cried b/c VT hadn't offered. I said I didn't think he was good enough to play at VT. Is he playing at VT? No. Is he playing at any D1 school? No. How the other Marcum's fortunate turn out will remain to be seen until next spring.

[ QUOTE ]

You just follow Coeburn around and try to pass his accomplishments off as your own. How can you even try to say that when you started a thread on multiple boards just on Coeburn, not on the game alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do? Because I started a thread about a Bluefield player I'm trying to pass their accomplishments off as their own? Interesting logic there ace. Who was it that started a thread about Weir's success in some passing drill scrimmage on four boards? Does that mean you're trying to pass their accomplishments off as your own?

[ QUOTE ]

Other Bluefield fans think he's a good player, but they aren't obsessed w/ him as you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm obsessed with him. That's why I turn every thread unrelated to him or Bluefield into a thread about him and/or Bluefield. smirk.gif

BTW: Will you be carrying "Coop's" books next fall or just riding his coattails to class?

[ QUOTE ]

Too bad "Coop" won't get to see the field this year for WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

"Coop" won't ever get on the field for WVU, he'll be like the other hundreds of WV kids that go to WVU and never get to play...he is no Quincy Wilson.

$5 says he'll be playing in the WVIAC before all is said and done...so will Nate Sowers in two years or less...

This reminds me a lot of the Wyoming East fans during Tunstalle's time at WE. They built him into something super-human; they acted as if he was the best player in the history of WV. Some even said he was better than Curt Warner (lol). The kid was good, but not that good and he hardly saw the field at Marshall playing D1 before electing to transfer last week. The sad part, Tunstalle was/is the twice the player Cooper is. He was stronger, faster, and more athletic than Cooper dreamed of being in high school.

You know Weir, you act like that since the great and almighty "Coop" is ON (and I say on rather than playing) WVU's football team and Rusty is on (notice I said on for Rusty too, wouldn't want to ride anyone's coattails) that it means "Great and almighty Coop" is a better player than lowly D2 talent Rusty. There are many things that go into a school recruiting players. Look at the players from this state that were recruited by WVU. Where were they all located. In the northern part of the state in close proximity to WVU. WVU seems to take the same stand as all the other "northerners". They don't even look at players from the southern part of the state. You guys up north act like we don't know how to play ball down here. I think the North-South game showed you that we can. Sure the North won, but it was by no means a blow out as predicted. Now I know if the great and almight "Coop" would have played the North would have won by 25 touchdowns, "Coop" would have been the MVP after scoring 62 touchdowns and recording 355 tackles with 50 sacks all while only playing the first half. The bottom line is, there were a lot of factors that went into Rusty choosing the lowly D2 school. You don't know those factors. So my advice to you is, if you don't know the whole story, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

[ QUOTE ]

The bottom line is, there were a lot of factors that went into Rusty choosing the lowly D2 school. You don't know those factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that after Rusty went to WVU's camp last year, he told his dad that it was no wonder that WVU has so few kids from WV playing football for them with the way the in-state kids were treated by the coaching staff. Said it was as if the coaches were "doing the WV kids a favor" by allowing them to attend the camp...very little time spent with the in-state kids by the coaches and even less interest in them as student/athletes. More or less, the in-state kids were looked at as "space takers/money makers" for the camp, not actual, potential prospects.

I went to WVU's camp beofore my senior year w/ a friend from the team and I didn't see any special treatment or any players getting looked down upon b/c they were from WV. I hung out w/ the guys that played for Poca and it seemed like Coach Rod was very interested in one of them. He asked him to stop by his office several times and he never said his talent wasn't noticed b/c he was an in-state player. Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see anything like that.

don't get me started on Wyoming East and the Tank bs... and they had this white kid at middle LB that they swore up and down was the greates LB to grace a field. they were so funny. WE is the kind that you love to hate.