Bluefield picks up first team all-state player....

Bluefield_Rules

I would like to know where this is coming from. If it is true, which I hope it isn't, you are getting a player who can take over a game. He is the real deal. The posts on his size are not true though. He is only about 5'8" or 5'9". He is one of the most enjoyable players to watch that I have ever seen. He is also a class act. Like I said, I hope this is not true because this would be a great hit to GW in both football and basketball. How reliable is your source?

[ QUOTE ]

I mean 6'1. He has to have some game!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to tell you Rocks but 6'1 isn't that tall lol..Look at you..you are 5"11..So he is only 3 inches taller than you are...And look how you play basketball haha

while mentioning height, something I meant to question, the ponder wr is what 6 - 3?, and considering some of the others are supposedly basketball players, are they tall as well? Should this be a sizeable recieving corps?

Someone close to the team confirmed earlier this evening he's only about 5'9", so the press release of the all-state team is incorrect. Ask BRocks how good the kid and who informed us of his talent. Believe the hype man, it's real...

[ QUOTE ]

And look how you play basketball haha

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....I try man, and thats all that counts!

Im taller than Powell. He's about 5'9.

and yes you guys believe the hype! From what i've herd from 3 people that know him very well. He's the real deal!

[ QUOTE ]

Ponder is very tall..6'3 sounds right to me...Jt Powell and Jon Payne are under 6 feet..Maybe 5'10, 5'11 at the tallest

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ponder is 6'3" and still growing. He hit the other guys pretty well also. Payne is about 5'10", the new TE Matthew Carter is about 6'2", Mark Page is about 6'0" and Powell is 5'11". However, I'd think Powell will be playing mostly running back this fall.

Don't even bring up his name lol..Harry T had a catchable pass in the Poca State Title game that would have scored a TD for us when it hit him in his hands and dropped it..It was my freshman season..I actually played that year then I made a dumb decision and quit the year we won state lol..but oh well thats in the past...Bales had a few catches..Atleast the times that he wasen't hurt..

Dissibio was a heck of a player. I watched 97 Weir/Bluefield game the other day when I got my copy. The commentators said he was a legit D1 prospect and I can believe it. I was at that game, but was only in like 6th grade so I only remembered Tynes, Dews, and Amaker b/c they had all had big games. Did Dissibio end up playing anywhere buzzsaw?