Season predictions

Guest BB_TWEEDER

We will try, no doubt about it, but I am just saying this. Richlands had almost always had a good football team, and so your expectations should be 10-0 for sure. Abingdon has been a "lower teir" foobtall team, so saying 7-3 would beat exectations and 10-0 is an unrealistic dream.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

well every one does do that but some times u have to be realistice about this stuff. not saying any thing about yall but these days it near imposible to go undefeted thought a whole season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said before and I'll say again, if you expect to lose a few...you will!

I think Honaker's two losses will come from Richlands and either VA High or Tazewell. I don't really know much about what VHS has coming back this season but they are usually not a very strong team and I think the Tazewell game will be a close one after we played them close last season without our starters. Honaker has a lot returning but losses a couple seasoned players. With the loss of Patrick, our offense will lose a tremendous weapon and we will have to find a good punter/kicker as well, thats one thing that really killed Honaker at the beginning of the season was our kicking, a couple missed extra points cost us a win against Lebanon and all the bad punts against Richlands and John Battle really gave the offense easy(or easier) chances to score. I think Honaker will wind up either 9-1 or 8-2 or possibly even 7-3. Should be an interesting season for the Tigers, hopefully I'll be able to make it in from Wise a couple times this fall to watch a few! cool.gif

as a honaker tiger football player our offense is going to be great next year without patrick i mean u seen how good our 2nd and 3rd string did against tazewells first so i mean tazewell wont' be a problem i don't think but richlands will be b/c not unless andrew is one of our backs to stop caleb i really don't know what to say but i think we will go 9-1 maybe 8-2 but thats just a big maybe not being cocky or whatever but i have to defend honaker in saying were not going to lose sorry to sound cocky

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone should think they will go 10-0 and if u dont think u can then u shouldnt play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yall have the best chance to do that but how meny teams have done that here lately?

[ QUOTE ]

as a honaker tiger football player our offense is going to be great next year without patrick i mean u seen how good our 2nd and 3rd string did against tazewells first so i mean tazewell wont' be a problem i don't think

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys played Tazewell last year coming off of one of the most brutal games I've seen in a while against Grundy the week before...and if you think they won't be a problem this year then you are in for a shock when Nov 4th rolls around...lol. Tazewell has a lot back and will have a good size line on both sides of the ball, and a good LB core...and they love to hit...you guys will have your hands full no doubt.

Interesting you mentioned Tazewell and Va High as being tough games and possible losses but did not mention a road game at Haysi, a team that has a decent amount of starters returning and a team that Honaker has only beaten like 4 times in the past 20 years and only 1 of those on the road.

Goalie, 9-1 may very well be the best any team will do, but the point is if you are a player and you expect to lose even one game you are selling yourself and your team short. Winners expect to win.

yeah iv heard that all my life, and i go into every game thinking that my team will win, but look at a season as a whole theres going to be nights where it just dont click. and u have to learn to know that lossing is around you, and know its coming but not to like it. b/c it takes something specil to do that.

I never like to talk about the Haysi/Honaker games or the Lebanon/Honaker games much. Two biggest games of the year and predictions and message board ramblings never come close to the actual games! 4 times in the past 20 years, its probably a few more than that.

[ QUOTE ]

well every one does do that but some times u have to be realistice about this stuff. not saying any thing about yall but these days it near imposible to go undefeted thought a whole season.

[/ QUOTE ]bluefield did it last year lol

GRAHAM 7-3

TAZEWELL 6-4

RICHLANDS 7-3

GRUNDY 8-2

CARROLL CO. 5-5

MARION 4-6

POCHAHONTAS 3-7

GEORGE WYTHE 8-2

I wish everyone could have a perfect season but you know how it is .This is just my opinion not to look down on any team i hope everbody does better than my predictions.GOD BLESS