The "Best Of" thread...

Bluefield_Rules

My previous post makes distinction between best facility/stadium and best field/surface - I stand by Lee as having overall best stadium and Powell Valley as having overall best field.

I rate Gate City fairly high as well, with best food, but can't agree with them as a top five location because, regularly, the home fans sit on both sides of the stadium. Although unique and original, it changes the chemistry of the experience. Almost everywhere else in SWVA, opposing fans and bands position themselves across from one another and face each other. Even if it means standing room only. Cheers and jeers bounce back and forth; adding color and flavor to the game. To me, seperate home and visitor stands are important in facility rankings.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Best field/stadium LEE????

Apparently u guys get to play them when it isn't 8 inches of grass with 3 inches of mud as it has been the last 2 times we were there. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was refering only to the stadium facility. I pasted the "Best field/stadium" from the previous post. I think Tazewell probably has the best field with the way it seemed to be the only one that held up around here last year.

[ QUOTE ]

You were a cheerleader??...lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

in all honesty, i've seen a lot of cheerleaders in my time and the two best cheerleaders i've seen was a very tall black boy who was a cheerleader for Keyser back a few yrs a go and then a boy by the name of Michael Cline from Westside (and not its not cause he is from WS either, but i've actually seen him win single competitions and win very easily)

Guest BB_TWEEDER

What about Best Looking Jersey's

Best looking logo

Best mascot

Best school colors

Jerseys-Richlands those Nike jerseys are awsome.

Logo-Richlands that new R they started wink.gif

Mascot- um.... well the mascot uniform i dont know but the overall picture is.. probably .. Hurley

School Colors-Hurley or Tazewell

Jerseys its a toss up between Richlands all decked out in Blue and Gate citys traditional jobs.

Best Helmet logo would have to be Abingtons Falcon job they had lastyear and the newschool R for Richlands,I always liked I know i'm going to get fussed @ for this one but I like The G-Star.

Mascot-Really dont see them around here that much.

Colors-Old school Navy,White and Silver and Powell Valleys powder blue and red.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley has a mascot, but its only wore during homecomming every year. the body suit is regular size, but the head on it is big as a barrel.

Uniform: I like Richlands PSU style jersey but I don't like the blue pants. If Grundy changed their shade of blue a little they would look just like Notre Dame, who IMO have the best uniform in football, and they should wear white on gold for away games. Abingdon and Hurley both have a sharp look.

Richlands went from worst to first in the helmet department last year.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have asked people to exclude their own school when making their picks...

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case,

Best Stadium: Lee

Best Fans (Sportsmanship/Friendly): Gate City

Best Stadium Food: I'm on a Diet

Best Stadium/Field for Pregame Activities (Tailgating, etc.): Honaker

Best Band: If I can't say Richlands, I'll go with Lee for their Titanic like ability to "Play On"

Best Parking Situation: Wherever it is, I haven't been there yet.

Best Atmosphere: Gate City

Best PA Anouncer: Virginia High

Best Uniform: Abingdon

Best Field (playing surface): Tazewell

[ QUOTE ]

Graham is the best band behind us, but tazewell has a new band dir. and he is an Richlands alum so they will b better this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me??? wasnt it us (Graham) that got Division 1 and you all got a Division 2 at Marching Band State Competition???? better band huh?? oh and we got Division one at Concert too....better than us huh???? where the hell have you been???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham is the best band behind us, but tazewell has a new band dir. and he is an Richlands alum so they will b better this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt it us that got HONER BAND 7 yrs. straight? We got a 1 at concert fest. last year 2. And by the way, we got cheated out of a 1 at state. 1 of the judges purposley(sp?) gave us a 2 so we wouldnt get it! So check ur facts first. I never said ne thing bad about graham, so dont start ne thing about us!

excuse me??? wasnt it us (Graham) that got Division 1 and you all got a Division 2 at Marching Band State Competition???? better band huh?? oh and we got Division one at Concert too....better than us huh???? where the hell have you been???

[/ QUOTE ]