Coach Carlock has passed away

BluefieldPT

Just thought all the readers would want to know that the Legendary Coach Carlock has passed away tonight around 8:30. There will never be another like him. His love for kids is unsurpassed. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Ann and Glynn Jr.

I am really down about this... I really don't know what to say. I knew it would happen, but gosh... Prayers be with the Carlock family and R.I.P Coach, you are greatly and will always be greatly missed!

When I heard this news last night I just could not bring myself to believe it. Although I never had the privilege to step out on the field with Coach, I do remember what it was like to walk the halls of GHS with this wonderful man. Coach cared about each and every student and wanted us all to excel. He was one that you would almost always find talking with a student. Even this past school year as I would drop my cousin off at GHS, Carlock was always there bright and early, standing out front talking with the kids. I pray that God will comfort the family during this time. WE WILL MISS YOU COACH!

Hey, I know it's asking a lot, but if someone out there could type up the rest of the BDT article on Coach Carlock's passing it would be appreciated. I think in a situation such as this, for those that no longer live in the Bluefield area, the BDT should have posted the entire article for all to read and not short-changed the story by only posting half of it.

A horrible tragedy indeed. I along with everyone associated with football in this area are deeply saddened, and shocked. Our thoughts, prayers, and best wishes go out to his family and friends. In covering Richlands football for the past five years, he was the coach you always knew would have his team ready to play regardless of the situation. He was a great man and a superior coach. We have lost a true football legend.

the state of virginia and west virginia has lost one of the best if not the best coach and human being that has ever walked the sidelines of a football field or the halls of a high school. he will be greatly missed by all. my prayers and thought go out to his family words cannot ease the pain that they are feeling at this moment. but i feel that the communities of bluefield va and bluefield wv should join together to honor this great man by co naming the field at mitchell stadium after coach john chamara and coach glenn carlock. and do this at the graham beaver game. this would be a fitting tribute to him his family and the community. maybe everyone on here from the area could write to the city of bluefield wv and va to ask that this be done. but no matter what happens this is one man that will never be forgotten by anyone that ever came in contact with him even for just a min or so.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, I know it's asking a lot, but if someone out there could type up the rest of the BDT article on Coach Carlock's passing it would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

..."Coach is one of those people you always thought would be there," Patton said. "He was kind of an icon at Graham...someone you thought would always be on the sidelines."

"He taught you to be devoted to everything you did - not just football, but everything in life too." Patton said. "You'd drive by the school, no matter what time of day or night and always see his pick-up truck sitting there. He was a tough guy, but he was a good guy."

"He was from a unique mold," Dr Dave Kovach said. "This is going to be hard on everybody for a long time."