BHS VS GHS

BLU

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is always a big game but this year is different without coach on the sideline and with the problems with the school board makes it even bigger than in past years plus we have a second game this year so it is bigger this year.

i have not seen any of blfd scrimmage but i did see graham and i dont think that blfd will run all over graham in either game. both will be close games. and probably will split the two games.

i'm going to defy all things Bluefield and predict a Graham win. i see it being a tight game and maybe coming down to a late Graham score to pull within 1 point, and then them go for 2 and win it. either that or overtime. emotions play a HUGE part in this game. i personally know how easy it is to be on that field and be down... and then hear something or feel something, and then all of a sudden be energized and make that 1 big play that gets everyone else up and turns the momentum of the game. we ALL saw it a couple years ago when Bradshaw almost single handidly brought Graham back from 3 TD's in the 4th quarter. but i couldn't imagine the emotion that those boys will be playing with tonight, or the entire season for that much. i know if i was standing in that huddle, and someone said "do it for Coach"... man, i couldn't imagine the adrenaline that would go through me. i would guarantee that the person lined up in front of me is getting creamed. shoot i get a little anxious just typing it and thinking it. if Graham has good SR's and good leaders, they'll call on it several times tonight and get that fire and then spread it to the others. it should be another awesome, awesome Beaver / Graham game, but in the end - i see Graham getting the W ..... 22 - 21 ..... and if Bluefield is behind when the clock hits all 0's, then i'll accept it, and clap for the G-men... and pull for 'em the rest of the year, just like i do every year. well, we are playing twice this year, so i'll be against 'em again that night wink.gif

just my thoughts.

I'm not going to even pick a score. My reason? Unless it's a year where the talent level is VERY unbalanced, the game tends to be close, and can literally go either way.

There have been a few years where one team was MUCH better and a blowout followed, but in general, that's not the case.

Turnovers really worry me going into tonight's game. Bluefield must hold onto the football and Powell must make good decisions when he drops back to pass. If Bluefield keeps the turnovers to two or less then I believe they'll win. If they turn the ball over more than two times then I see Graham winning.

I just hope the G-MEN keep playing the defense they have been playing and we will see a bunch of victories this year.They have kept improving with every game thus far.I am very pleased with this team so far they have shown heart and desire something they did not have last year and have been playing every down with emotion this team looks ready to do well.Good luck G-MEN I hope you guys win every game this year.And would like to say good luck to all area teams may your team do well and stay injury free.GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.WE MISS YOU COACH CARLOCK R.I.P

• 10 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Turnovers really worry me going into tonight's game. Bluefield must hold onto the football and Powell must make good decisions when he drops back to pass. If Bluefield keeps the turnovers to two or less then I believe they'll win. If they turn the ball over more than two times then I see Graham winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think graham had 5 turnovers in that game.how many did bluefield have?

[ QUOTE ]

Well.. what was the score ghs?

[/ QUOTE ]

that wasnt the question.and you need to lighten up and quit taking everything as being sarcastic.it was simple question.

[ QUOTE ]

how many threads about graham and bluefield is there gonna be??

[/ QUOTE ]

We could always start another close Pocahontas thread.......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

how many threads about graham and bluefield is there gonna be??

[/ QUOTE ]

We could always start another close Pocahontas thread.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to be a tough fight now...the spot in the road of Pocahontas has nothing but women running the "town council" now...their goals are to keep the school open and fight against building the road between Falls Mills and the new prison. Women...<rolling eyes and shaking head>

http://www.bdtonline.com/local/local_story_185214659.html

yea you guys beat graham the second time but which game do you think counts? hmmmm... lets see the one you get the Trophy for and if i remember you guys at bluefield dont have it. i shined it up the other day...