Richlands 37 Honaker 0

old_school_blue

We need to be able to consistently convert in short yardage situations. One early drive against GC and one early drive tonight we were denied six. Richlands must be able to get the "tough" yards. Every other aspect in their game is so good it is scary. Two games against two very good teams (Gate City put up over sixty points against Coeburn) and we have given up ZERO points. Very Impressive!

Richlands just wasn't able to establish a running game against the Honaker defense. I was surprised they didn't use more of the misdirection and reverses they ran against GC. Harrison had a nice td run. I'd like to see him in there more. I'd also like to see a goal-line set with him in it. Maybe a wishbone or power-I. I don't like the spread in goal-line situations unless it's 4th down.

I agree with BigD we cant get on the 2 yard like and go spread and expect to get out of it...your seetin yourself back 4 yard newayz. Power I or reg. I...we got the guys to do it even without Caleb. But in the end...WE WON..so that's all that matters, coaches and everyone did a great job especially second half.

Congrats to Richlands on the win! Didn't get to go to the game but heard it was a pretty close game up until the end of the 3rd. At least Honaker will have John Battle and Twin Springs the next two weeks to get them back in a "winning mood" for Haysi!

Hey Honaker will be fine man, they had sum tough and agrresive boys they just got wore down halfway thru the 3rd which they need to work on and if they do...I'd say they are gonna be just fine. Good luck and good game.

it was a good game,honaker hung around alot longer than i & many people thought they would. loosing their main player bostic to injury i felt hurt them. bostic by far is the heart & sole of the honaker team.

richlands passing game looked real good tonight (miller, stanton, & gayheart). the def. continues to shine. special teams had some big plays. the big question tonight was the o-line not the same intensity as they played vs gate city.

overall richlands physically wore down honaker, richlands is getting better each week & thats what a championship team has to do.

wishes to bostic & falco wicks on a speedy recovery!

** congrats to the blues in week 2! **

"WHO'S NEXT = GRUNDY"

i bragged about the secondary last week but felt like they blew some coverages tonight. its a good thing honakers qb's were running for their lives. i also noticed r'lands had made a change at one corner......anybody know what that is about??

you dance with the lady what brung ya to the dance. when you move 60 yards using the spread at least try it greater than 2 yards out and go to qb under center inside the 2. cracker can fall foward 4 times for a td. and by the way honaker didnt outplay in the 2nd quarter we stoped ourselves. go blues and join the "blue neck nation."

Shane I wish you a speedy recovery. We will miss you on our special teams. You was playing great. The other players will have to take up the void, with you and Caleb out. also, Cody Vandyke. God Bless all of you!!!! Take them one at a time and part the waters of the Golden Wave, with THE STORM.