Abingdon - Richlands

parsons

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think it will matter if Abingdon has tall WR's or not. Richlands front four will be on the QB before he knows what hit him. Trust me I know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd have to say if they go with 4-wide it's going to be a long night for that QB.

I too think Richlands will beat Abingdon by a significant margin. The Blues deserve the top area ranking this year and I think Southwest District football, in general, is much stronger than Highlands District football.

But the spread offense actually makes it harder for most teams to put pressure on your QB IMO. Fewer defensive players can line-up in the trench or box if you maintain coverage on the flankers and wide receivers. With fewer rush/blitz combinations available to the defense, QB protection can be more straight forward. If a team is going to throw 30 times a game, I think it's more protective of the QB to go from the spread than most any other formation. If you think about it, if you keep a linebacker and safety back plus single cover each eligible receiver, you can only send four rushers at the QB. I think that's one of the important aspects of the spread. It keeps teams honest on defensive. If you have any defensive player who's a little soft, he'll quickly find himself on an island. Obviously the down side to the spread is that the QB makes critical decisions every play and turnovers via interception are much more likely than with other more conventional systems.

yeah, and grundy tried to throw deep to the 6'4" ashby kid twice........ one was intercepted and another looked like an interception but was called incomplete......i thought our corner caught it

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, and grundy tried to throw deep to the 6'4" ashby kid twice........ one was intercepted and another looked like an interception but was called incomplete......i thought our corner caught it

[/ QUOTE ]

nah it hit the ground man...if it were a bad call I'd be the first to say so ...kid didn't catch the ball clean, it was trapped.

Theo threw the ball pretty well against Richlands, just couldn't get time to set up and make a proper throw...he had to run for his life most of the game...our O-Line is just looking horrible so far.

I think the worst thing is I haven't seen Ashby jump more than 3 inches off the ground this year...so far he's let two DB's that are both under 6ft school him...he hasn't had much experience playing football and will get better with time, but someone should have been working with him in the offseason for that sort of thing. You should be able to under throw the ball to Asby and let him come back and go up for it...but it hasn't happened. He has plays where he looks really good and you can tell there is a lot of potential there and he has good height, but he's very inconsistant.

[ QUOTE ]

richlands corners are both 5'11".......not that short

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what there height is on the roster, which is always exagerated. Neither of them are an inch over 5'9"... and that's being generous.

When your playing a team like Abington it's important to establish an early lead. I'm sure their players will be coming into the came looking to pull of what could be the biggest upset of the year. If they are running the spread offense, it may be more difficult to get a good pass rush and leave time for a reciever to come open down field. If Richlands can stop the big plays and not allow anything that will boost the Falcon's confidence look for another decisive win from the BLUES. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

richlands corners are both 5'11".......not that short

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what there height is on the roster, which is always exagerated. Neither of them are an inch over 5'9"... and that's being generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind...Davis is about 6'0". But Simmons and Fajardo are about 5'9" and 5'8".