MavsRock's Predictions Week #4

MavsRock

James Monroe 56, Pikeview 18- Pikeview's air attack light's it up against James Monroe. Only problem is that's after the Mavs build a 56-6 lead, and the freshmen are playing on D

Giles 49, Narrows 8-Let's see, Giles went to Christiansburg and took them to the shed, meanwhile, Narrows could barely get it done against Craig. I won't say much else.

Bluefield 33, Grundy 6-The Golden Wave is rapidly becoming one of the biggest disappointments this season.

Princeton 31, South Charleston 20- Princeton's powerfull offense may get slowed down, but not enough this week.

Beckley 42, Greenbrier East 0- Obviously, Beckley got tired of losing after last year, real tired.

Wyoming East 32, Summers Co. 19- Wyoming East get's another week to feel good about themselves before judgement day in Lindside on September 30.

James Monroe 56, Pikeview 18-Pikeview is still having problems. Will be another tough game for Pikeview.

Giles 49, Narrows 8-I don't guess we will get a bonus point from Narrows this week.

Bluefield 33, Grundy 6-Bluefield gets that first win this week.

Princeton 31, South Charleston 20- Princeton 4-0

Beckley 42, Greenbrier East 0- Greenbrier East will feel like going west after this one.

Wyoming East 32, Summers Co. 19-Summers still strugglimg. No win this week.

Yes certainly not the toughest team but hey, Princeton still plays them and Pikeview played close against Liberty. We won't really be tested until Wyoming East and Liberty. We are playing well so far, but as usual coach needs to work on passing. You can't run over everyone coach.

[ QUOTE ]

We won't really be tested until Wyoming East and Liberty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Since you're apparently too "humble" to say it I'll say it for you, you'll crush both of those teams. At least you should if you hope to compete seriously with the likes of Weir and Wayne.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Since you're apparently too "humble" to say it I'll say it for you, you'll crush both of those teams. At least you should if you hope to compete seriously with the likes of Weir and Wayne.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose if you set your goals low enough...anything would be possible for you. tongue.gif

Quote:

What about shady/independence? any thoughts?

---

This is a toss-up. Having scrimmaged against Independence, and played Shady, I feeel like Shady has the edge. I will take Shady in a close one...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just waiting for the "beavers"

i cant believe you guys think you will be tested by Wyo. East and Liberty...

Liberty *maybe* and that's a very weak maybe too, but Wyo. East, nah, they are proven to still be as bout as bad as Westside in football....geez, i cant believe i just said that frown.gif

I have to say the Mavs will go 9-1 with the lone loss to Bluefield, fact of the matter is everyone on the schedule is weak besides bluefield who has two losses to teams that are having real good years...Would like to see the mavs play teams like princeton, mt view....like the late 90's...Need that tougher schedule to make you better...Or atleast have two or three challenging games on the slate...I have seen bluefield in person against Princeton, have not seen the mavs but if you only have to stop 3 or 4 plays a average team can beat you and bluefield is an average team at the least...Hate to go against my mavs but they are going to lose that one, but hey in the playoffs again and anything can happen....Lets come up with more than 4 plays!

I agree that we could beef up our schedule some and coach definetly needs to expand the offensive play book. However, I am not conceding the Bluefield game yet. I think that they have a better chance of beating because by the time we play them they will have almost a whole season of experience under their belt for the young starters. Bluefield has a quality football proggram and so do we, should be the only game in question during our regular season and at that we should win unless we beat ourselves.