overall thoughts on bluefied grundy

buzzsawBeaver

fun drive from richlands to grundy, reminds me a lot of interstate 77 from beckley to charleston in ways, only more rugged.

As for the game, as it was 28 - 14 I thought bluefield would distance the score but grundy fought hard and made big plays.

Their qb has an exceptional pass, and did well eluding a strong pass rush.

Their tall reciever reminded me sort of james monroe's tall reciever from recent seasons, franklin, or weirs, turner? from '03, who each were very successful against bluefield.

Marcum seemed to run more determined in the 4th quarter.

They had some exceptional open field tackles.

Grundy executes very well on o and do a good job of isolating recievers or ball carriers to make the most of open field.

Congrats to them on a hard fought game.

Bluefield did well overall in a lot of aspects of the game.

some misc. thoughts or opinions,

special teams ko was much better, as was special teams overall, good kicker who's replaced stone.

The d did better with yards after contact.

I really liked the 4th down play in the 4th were they simply brought the formation in tight and pitched it to payne who raced to the outside for the score, in my opinion they should run outside more often from tight formations.

Bootleg? Grundy had 1 that gained big yards against bluefield, that and the reverses are still there for the big scores or big gains for bluefield.

# 88 for bluefield seemed to have a bigger presence in this game.

In my honest opinion, powell might be able to play overall as the game demonstrated, but he didn't seem to be as fast or quick as he was in the graham game.

Bluefield has to prevent fumbles.

Also it seemed to be a well played game with good fans and sportsmanship, and I enjoyed listening to their pa announcer, but that said, I've never known any place to blast music during the game. I recall them blasting "cotton eyed joe, sung but the chipmunks? honestly that's what it sounded like, when bluefield was o a few times. They even blasted it 1 time when grundy themselves were going for an extra point.

No complaints I guess, simply seemed odd and I've never known another place to do that, but it must be common there I guess...........

good fortune to grundy though and congrats again.

God bless!

I've been complaining about the PA system there forever...I hate it...I'd start up a collection to replace it if they would just rip those bullhorns down.

Better atmosphere would probably put more people in the stands...it's almost unbareable on the home side to watch a game just because of the PA.

oh...also...forgot to say "nice job" to my boy Tigh for that excellent 35 yd xtra point...lol...Ashby scored on the first TD and did some sort of weird celebration in the endzone? dont really know what it was but it looked like the "Crane" thing from Karate Kid...lol...whatever it was it was retarded and Tigh ended up kicking from the 25 as a result and nailed it...nice one.