What's the deal with Bluefields schedule???

mavsgrad

Oh, I have definitely moved on. I just still can't begin to understand how you think you have a quality program. You're a decent team, that's it. If you get into the playoffs again this year, it will be the same result as last season. Yeah we lost to Bluefield by 1 point , but how bad did they destroy you in the regular season? I don't have to worry about it b/c Weir will be playing for the AA title on December 2nd while JM is at home watching the game. WHEN you guys take another early exit from the playoffs, what is your excuse going to be this time? The bit about the players getting thrown off the team is getting a bit old. If JM and Weir play again, I'd really like to meet some of these JM fans and see the look on their face when Weir hangs 60 on them AGAIN!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but i was told that Blfd asked to play Westside early in the season

[/ QUOTE ]

That info is wrong, if by early in the season you mean they didn't contact them about a series until early this season. They contacted Westside and a number of these other teams from this region very early last year about a series starting this fall. That's eight months prior to the season starting.

While Westside obviously isn't my first choice as an opponent for Bluefield, it would be better than being stuck with eight or nine game each season. If you want to be big-time and get the respect Westside is seeking then you schedule the best teams possible and earn that respect. Which means you drop the AA cupcakes and start scheduling the likes of Bluefield, Mount View, James Monroe, Shady Hoover, and even Oak Hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah what i meant when i said that "Blfd asked to play Westside early in the season", was that they asked for a game to be skd early in the season like on the 9/9 or maybe even on the second date of the Graham/Blfd game and WS couldnt do that cause of the contracts they had with the other teams and had already had every set and what have ya....as i said this is just second hand info and as to how true it is, i dunno

and as i said its being said that WS is wanting to drop Pikeview, Summers Co, Sissionville, and i have even heard that they want to drop Iaeger and Indy too

so that would mean a chance to pick up four, possibly five good teams, as i said the names of teams being thrown around is Shady, JM, Blfd, and MV (and heard today when talking to my friend assoicated with WS that the Gramham name is now being thrown around too)

whether any of this is or true or will happen, i dunno, i personally would like to see it happen

i can see having WS keep Liberty ®, Scott, Wyo. East, Man, and add the likes of Shady, JM, Blfd, Graham, and MV i could live with that, that looks like a way more respectable skd than what we got now. all though we'd only win one or two games IF THAT

but personally if WS as a football team ever gets noticed and respected doesnt matter to me as i said i'm more of a b'ball man myself

but i still would like to see some of those match ups in football, although i know we'd get slaughtered, but still would be better than playing teams like Indy, Pikeview, Summers Co., Sissonville, and Iaeger

as for basketball i would like to see WS get rid of Pikeview and Summers Co. anyways and pick up possibly Blfd and someone else, possibly Woodrow, i know some probably laugh at this, but WS has played Woodrow several times in scrimmages and its always a heated competition in just scrimmages

I don't normally run my mouth, but w/ you guys it's just too difficult not to. I've never seen a team that thinks they are a top program in the state, while never proving anything. Win a few quality games this season, and maybe you'll earn some respect, but until then realize you guys haven't proven anything as a program and that's why people look at JM as a joke.

Hey man I just want to say one last thing and kinda be on the up and up as far as my view of our football program.

I competely consent that compared to many of the top AA teams we don't have the strongest of schedules this year but things happen. Some of our past opponents have joined conferences, in some cases dates can't be worked out and other things. Plus the wvssac rankings takes into account strength of schedule. If teams you beat don't win games then it shows up in your ranking.

In regards to us being one of the top programs in the state. I am not saying we have one of the top two or three AA programs, however I can with confidence say year in and year out we are one of the top 10 AA teams in the state and most years are higher than that.

Also as for your previous comment about going to a whole to play us. Yeah we are out in the country but we have one of the nicest fields in WV. If you don't believe me go to Princeton or see the AA championship game at wheeling island stadium a few years ago. And yes I know they fixed that problem.

Anyway I take nothing away from Weir, you guys have a solid program but we don't deserve all the crap we get about our schedule.

First of all, your field is not as bad as I thought it would be but is nowhere near one of the best in the state. You must not travel much. Brooke Memorial Stadium, Wheeling Island, Pony Lewis Field, Mitchell Stadium, Jimmy Carey Stadium, etc. are all much better venues for HS football. As for your schedule, that isn't the problem. It's the fact that some of your fans think you have one of the top programs in the state and that is a joke. Even Bluefield fans tell me you guys are so green w/ envy over the Beavers it's hillarious. Bluefield, Weir, and Poca are three of the top AA PROGRAMS in the state. James Monroe isn't on the same level. The three programs I just named don't rebuild, they reload!!!

I could care less what Bluefield Fans , or Weir Fans think about our program. Green with envy, that's a joke.

You're always talking about Bluefield, I think behind their backs you put them down just like you do JM.

JM has a good program, and if you don't like it, too bad. Go find someone else to put down , and leave JM alone...

Weir would wax JM just with passing. as for the bluefield/JM game, James Monroe should win this i probably one of the best o-lines in the state and none of them are seniors if bluefield doesnt wanna hit like i have heard and read about on here then bluefield will be in for a long night in the trenches. bluefield will have to outscore mt.view, mt.view has been giving up significant amounts of points.