A Graham/Richlands "what if" question

FootballFan

i don't think you can exclude the special teams performance because they have been playing that well all year....first score of the year for us came following a long punt return...and our kick-off and punt coverages have been unreal......special teams are a huge part of what makes this team so good

I'm not implying that Richlands' special teams play was a fluke against Graham. Richlands dominated that game in every fashion and I think it's a safe bet to say they done the same thing in the previous four games. I'm just asking "what if" for analyzation purposes.

If you take-away special teams..you take away field position which we did a great job of getting, and that means if our specials teams sucked...we would have had to drive the whole field to score and with most teams...that is a very hard thing to do.

[ QUOTE ]

i think a legitimite question is what if ronnie was playing qb

anyone think we would have scored?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Beano, the backup QB was "capable of getting the job done if the OL blocked for him. He's talented and just needed a chance." He stated that time and time again this week.

If you want answers to your own "what if" questions, start your own thread. Bluefield Rules, you may need to go to different website to ask yours. I just wanted to get good opinions on how many of Richlands' points was scored from special teams. If any of you need me to rephrase the question, just ask. wink.gif

Actually that wasn't your question. Your question was:

"what do you all think the Richlands score would have been if you exclude the awesome special teams performance?"

And the answer to that question is: There is no answer to that question. It's like asking what the score would have been if you excluded the awesome defensive performance. You can't exclude any phase of the game. It would be like running a race on two tires.

Well, I can assure you that Graham is going to be breaking this game down in to as many pieces as they can when they watch the film. You can't just lump the game into one pot and say "ok we just sucked" and go on to the next game. You have to seperate the offense, defense, and special teams in order to find the major meltdown. I agree that one aspect of a game is just as important as the other two when it comes to playing a game....but we should be able to seperate these aspects when analyzing a game.

ok...great! if it gets me some better answers:

"What if Graham had been able to prevent the Richlands special teams performance?" It's just an innocent question....it's hard to know how to put a "what if" question.

I can easily accept a loss to Richlands this year or any other team for that matter....I'm not really a "die hard" fan of any team. However, there are several intelligent members on this board whose opinion I value and I thought this was the place to ask.

If Graham had been able to neutralize Richlands special teams then it would obviously have been a closer game. I'm not sure Graham could have scored but they would've had better field position, and Richlands would've needed to do more on offense to put up 30 points.