Tazewell vs. Richlands

ttowndawgs41307

I'm getting there about 5:00 to ensure a seat but my friend can save that for me once we get there. All the Richlands/Grundy/Tazewell people from the board should meet before the game for a group picture. Maybe by the concession stand or something.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I was @ the Rich/Graham game on Friday and there were some folks from T-Town just below me (looked like coaches taking notes and all) and they got up to leave in the fourth and it just came out that Richlands would be in their house the following week and their reply was "It won't be this hard for you!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I Really don't see the Tazewell coaches giving up on their team like that. Bobby Wyatt and Co. have always had faith in their boys. Not taking anything away from Richalnds, but I don't see coach rollin over and playin dead. He's gonna bring the term "Smash mouth football" back to the field friday night. I just don't see them giving up. Besides how could the coaches have been at the Richlands game if they were at their game in abingdon???????????????????

[ QUOTE ]

Besides how could the coaches have been at the Richlands game if they were at their game in abingdon???????????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

It's usually when you have a couple of coaches go and watch the team you are going to be playing the next week, some people call it "scouting".

[ QUOTE ]

"He's gonna bring the term "Smash mouth football" back to the field friday night."

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">If you don't mind me saying so, the term "smash mouth football" has been on the field every night this year when Richlands has been out there. </font>

I think richlands is getting to "BIG HEADED" about the game against Tazewell. You never know.. Anyone could win that game. I think Tazwell has the power to win over Richlands... smile.gif

GO TAZWELL BULLDOGS!!!!!! smile.gif

"Don't let friends be a Tornado" hehe

[ QUOTE ]

I think richlands is getting to "BIG HEADED" about the game against Tazewell. You never know.. Anyone could win that game. I think Tazwell has the power to win over Richlands... smile.gif

GO TAZWELL BULLDOGS!!!!!! smile.gif

"Don't let friends be a Tornado" hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it TazEwell Bulldogs?

I've seen both the Blues and the Dawgs play this season and I know this is the backyard brawl and you have to throw out all of the records and all that, and that's fine. The thing is for Tazewell to score it is going to have to be the first or second time they have the ball, after that I don't feel like they will have much of a shot at putting points on the board. Richlands struggled a little at times on O last week so I really think they come out and play really well on O this week. Tazewell or anybody for this matter should ever punt to either of the return guys, kick the thing out of bounds, its just a TD waiting to happen!

In short the only way the Dawgs win is if the Blues forget they are playing and miss the bus, and the Dawgs must still play their best game. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Tazewell come out on top or just score, but I really can't see either one happening!

Blues 35 Dawgs OO

I just found this site today and I'm glad I did. I played for Tazewell from 76-78 and it is amazing that this rivalry is still so intense. I got an email from one of my old classmates who has a son that plays for Richlands and she informed me of their record. She also mentioned that they have not been scored on. As a former Bulldog player, that would be motivation enough to take them down. I have not been to see Tazewell play since I stepped off the field in 1978, but I would love to see this game Friday night. To all the Bulldog players - play with heart, expect to win and make everyone who has worn the green and white proud.

Good Luck to you all.

You probably played against my cousin Philip Slone. He was a running back for the Blues around that time. The first high school game I ever attended was Richlands @ Tazewell in 1979 when my dad took me to watch Philip play.

[ QUOTE ]

well to all these little tazewell kids talking on here, yall are the ones running the mouth, not the richlands boys, u beat abingdon, hoo-ray, now shut up and just play football.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats this i dont belive i seen any tazewell player running there mouth on here!!! just another rick from the lands!!

[ QUOTE ]

well to all these little tazewell kids talking on here, yall are the ones running the mouth, not the richlands boys, u beat abingdon, hoo-ray, now shut up and just play football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ridiculous. No one has started talking trash on this forum yet, i thought i had saw a lot of class compared to what usually goes on on these boards, so please dont be rude when no one was running their mouths

[ QUOTE ]

I just found this site today and I'm glad I did. I played for Tazewell from 76-78 and it is amazing that this rivalry is still so intense. I got an email from one of my old classmates who has a son that plays for Richlands and she informed me of their record. She also mentioned that they have not been scored on. As a former Bulldog player, that would be motivation enough to take them down. I have not been to see Tazewell play since I stepped off the field in 1978, but I would love to see this game Friday night. To all the Bulldog players - play with heart, expect to win and make everyone who has worn the green and white proud.

Good Luck to you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that right there is class man. This is how the boards should be at times.

hey... this IS drew walker ... and whoever gdawg22 is, needs to shut his mouth...thats a real way to show respect ... yeah im gonna play hard cause its a huge game ... but i know justin mcckracken ... have for a while ... and wouldnt do anything to purposely hurt him ... i know bout all them guys ... and i dont have anything personal against one of em ... you let me handle this cuz i may not be the greatest... but i'll be dang if im gonna talk trash about somebody when im no better then they are... sorry if that offends you ... i appreciate the support but do it in a respectable way

In playing against both, I give the edge to Richlands by ALOT. Tazewell we coulda handled, maybe not beat, but been a closer game if I didn't mess up alot. What you need to do Richlands is just hit #20 whenjever his back is turned, and watch the FB traps and rollouts. For Tazewell just contain Cracks and you may do alright. This will be a good game and all, but Tazewell will be beat because IMHO Tazewell doesn't have the big guys up front who can help R-Lands Lineman. #73 Is a worker though from Tazewell.